Compliment from Dale "Lark Parker" McPhearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compliment from Dale "Lark Parker" McPhearson

Lark Parker long ago told me of a 1955 President hardtop he and Barb, The Lovely Daytona, owned 'way back when, decades before we ever met, when he was away in the Navy and she was home in Frankfort IN raising their four children.

'Gotta hand it to Dale, eh, leaving Barb a cool Coraltone and Black President hardtop for a daily driver! Woo-hoo! (He always was a class act. )

It had been a good 20 years since he first mentioned that President, but I remembered it when this e-bay ad appeared:

I sent Dale the link and asked if it could possibly be his former car. He replied:

Bob,

Right colors, but Barb's had the earlier style paint job. Only the top was black.
    Nobody could
    ever accuse you of not remembering a Studebaker.
    Not even one you have never seen.
    It sure was quick for being stone stock.

Dale
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

It would be hard to go anywhere in a car like that and not be noticed.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
      It would be hard to go anywhere in a car like that and not be noticed.
      My wife has a turquoise and black 55 Commander now. She was driving it a few years ago when she went out about 9PM, to get some forgotten groceries.
      When she came out of the Walmart there was a cop leaning on his car waiting beside the Studebaker.
      Wife: "Is there something wrong officer?
      Cop: "Nothing wrong, mam. I was just waiting to see if the right people were driving this car. It isn't usually out this late. Have a good evening."

From that incident we decided that when you drove a Studebaker you received free security as a plus.
      Since then we have been made aware that the presence of Studebakers is well known in this small town as well as some other towns.
      We have been in a Studebaker thirty miles away and had a stranger tell us the corner our house is located on.
      Strangers give it as friendly advice "In case you need some parts for that car."
      It makes me think the free extra security is a good idea.
      sigpic
      Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Working...
      X