Tonight on Discovery channel 10/4/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight on Discovery channel 10/4/12

If you catch it in time.. Tonight at 10:00 EST a 1956 President on Texas Car Wars..

Watching it right now. Started on the first turn, good rep for us.

Comment

Watching too!!! WOW, I love that car! Great color, needs a few minor parts.....Wish I had it for that money.

Comment

SOLD for $10,500......sure cleaned up nice. Hope the new owner drives it every day. Hope I can find one cheap....

Comment

It aint cheap but

There is President Classic for sale in Litchfield Michigan. 10,900 but owner will take less. Owner sent me at least 50 pictures that I directed him to take as he walked around the car with cell phone and camera. Less than 35,000 mile survivor. Great interior, no body or structural rot, Very clean body. Could use a paint job but very presentable. Pot metal tail lights and headllamp rims need replaced for showtime. He has new tail light assemblies Nice car but I passed as it does not have power steering. Owner is not a car guy and inhereted car from his fathers estate in 95. Has been in the family and stored properly since 1977. Basically a turn key cruise night driver. I'd rate it a strong 2 1/2 car. If any bidy needs contact info shoot me a PM. cheers jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

This was a great episode for our club. Frank (the guy with the big money and big mouth) claimed that you can't find parts for these cars and you could spend your whole life looking for the parts. We all know that to be a myth but the show told the world. The guy that bought the car knew the right thing to do when he contacted someone in the SDC who hooked him up with all the parts he needed an at an affordable price.

As it turned out, the Stude showed the most profit and Frank missed out on a great opportunity because he didn't know as much as he thought he knew.

Great episode.
            Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

The owner is a member on here. He posted in the Stove Huggers Forum.
              1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Here's a link to the segment online for those of you (like me) who can't wait:

Oh dang! It was just the teaser - but it worked. Now I HAVE TO watch tonight.
                Last edited by Andy R.; 10-05-2012, 01:30 PM. Reason: just the previewing
                Andy
                62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by nwi-region-rat View Post
                  SOLD for $10,500......sure cleaned up nice. Hope the new owner drives it every day. Hope I can find one cheap....
                  Nice, but fake wood grained dash in a '56 President? I don't think so!
                  sigpic
                  Jack, in Montana

Comment

Originally posted by jnfweber View Post
                    Nice, but fake wood grained dash in a '56 President? I don't think so!
                    May be wrong but I seem to spot that the woodgrain was gone by the end of the show..

Comment

Originally posted by benaslopoke View Post
                      May be wrong but I seem to spot that the woodgrain was gone by the end of the show..
                      the car still has it. the owner has pictures posted in their profile.
                      1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Working...
                      X