I found this interresting link:

://forums.aaca.org/f116/bullet-nose-studebaker-330295.html

Robert Kapteyn

Chris Pile
10-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Link no workee, Bob.

Corvanti
10-02-2012, 05:44 PM
you might see a "familiar" screen name on the reatta thread around post #8. ;)

i picked up a '89 reatta in march for $1,700. i put in a fuel pump, crankshaft balancer and crank position sensor, a couple weeks later. it's now my daily (only) driver. it's a nice car - especially at the low prices you can pick up a coupe. but the electronics can be a pita...

most of the studebaker info was correct, but a reatta forum is not really the place to correct bad info! :)

http://forums.aaca.org/f116/bullet-nose-studebaker-330295.html

53commander
10-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Try this link: http://forums.aaca.org/f116/bullet-nose-studebaker-330295.html

I worked for Buick when the Reatta came out, I didn't like them then and I don't like them now, however it is neat to see a Reatta Driver's Club.

JBOYLE
10-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Would I get too many people mad at me if I say the Reatta was GM's Avanti?

Great looks, short production...now a undervalued "cult" car.

Corvanti
10-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Would I get too many people mad at me if I say the Reatta was GM's Avanti?

Great looks, short production...now a undervalued "cult" car.

and from a side view, i kinda - sorta - see a resemblance. at least that's what i tell myself. :whome:

BeeJay
10-03-2012, 07:09 AM
Worked at Cadillac where we had QC responsibility for the Reatta. Tooling for all the sheet metal was done in Japan. Same company that built the dies also built the checking fixtures. When came time to build car, we found that most of the fixtures were built wrong side of metal, and all the sample parts were made with "dead" steel. When parts were made with steel specified, the spring back made parts all but unusable. Car introduction was set back a year so all the dies and fixtures could be rebuilt.

As I recall, the converts also had a very bad top leaking problem. They were a "cute" car and fun to drive but somewhat underpowered. Believe they were aimed at the female market segment.

Bob