Nov12 Hemmings Muscle Machines: 63 R2 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov12 Hemmings Muscle Machines: 63 R2 Hawk

Congratulations to Steve Doerschlag for mention and photo of his 1963 R2 Hawk in the new, November 2012 Hemmings Muscle Machines:

It's within a report on the Southwestern Musclecar Nationals that was held in Albuquerque in late March.

And when you get the magazine (if you subscribe or buy it on the newstand), be sure to read writer Jeff Koch's lengthy Muscle Machines Drive Report on Brian Rhynas' Palmetto Green 1966 tri-power / 4-speed GTO. It's entitled:

Green Power: Why this Palmetto-hued Tri-Power four-speed '66 GTO is more environmentally conscious than your neighbor's Prius

It's a great report, half tongue-in-cheek and half serious, that considers a number of environmental impact issues beyond the single consideration of fuel economy. A thoroughly-enjoyable read that had me laughing out loud before I finished the first [albeit too long] paragraph.

Anyway, another good issue I've only skimmed so far with a lazer focus for Studebaker content. So far, Steve's good mention is all to be found. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Well I guess I'll have to go and buy this one!! Thanks for the post Mr. Palma.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
      Well I guess I'll have to go and buy this one!! Thanks for the post Mr. Palma.
      'Prolly won't be on the newsstand for a week, Don. I just got my subscriber's copy in today's mail (Friday, September 28). BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That's OK Bob as I have an inside source at B&N known as a Store Manager and my wife -
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Sometimes I've seen Hemming's magazines in the store before I get them in the mail but usually I get them first.
          One thing for sure, Bob P. always gets his before I do.

Comment

Bob, I am shocked at you....I thought for sure you would mention the other Studebaker product appearing on page 31.....
            Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
            \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma;683940
              Anyway, another good issue I've only skimmed so far with a lazer focus for [COLOR=#000080
              Studebaker[/COLOR] content. So far, Steve's good mention is all to be found. BP
              Bob P. - The acronym is laser, unless you have another way of spelling stimulated <G>.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
                Bob, I am shocked at you....I thought for sure you would mention the other Studebaker product appearing on page 31.....
                Good one, Eric.

They do talk about the solid-lifter 289 with Paxton supercharger, don't they...and rated at a whopping 390 HP! Woo-hoo!

(Heh, heh...we'll have to let the others sweat it out until they discover what it is!) <GGG> BP

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  Bob P. - The acronym is laser, unless you have another way of spelling stimulated <G>.
                  I usually do research wearing a blazer, Gary. BP

Comment

When I first saw that '63 Lark Daytona Hardtop in Champagne Gold with red interior in an old TW--I believe owned by original owner John Isom at the time--and also in Cars and Parts, I'd grimace and say, "Who would put a red interior in a gold car?" I've since learned to LOVE that combination! That GT looks GREAT!
                    Last edited by Bill Pressler; 09-28-2012, 12:17 PM. Reason: added the word 'Hardtop'
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

Bob P., your reply to Gary reminds me of a Phyllis Diller line I heard a few weeks back, after her passing. I always thought she was a riot--the clip was her on "The View" (I could only stand it because it was Phyllis)--she said she was from Lima ('Lyma'), Ohio and added "People always think it's' Leema' but I tell them, you don't eat 'Leema' beans!

I also caught a clip (of several I watched...admittedly, some were dated), where she said, "Fang doesn't like my cooking...says it's not like his mother's. HIS MOTHER!!!! Did I tell you she's a large woman? When she wears white we show movies on her."

That cracked me up...but I digress.
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

Way to go Steve!

Speaking of Steve...........Bob can you shoot me Steve's email contact info?? I have a photo I need to send to him!
                        Frank Remlinger
                        Detroit, Michigan
                        SDC# A004602R

Comment

Thanks,
                          It's a great show,got a first place,too! I have shown some of my Larks in previous years,always got a great response with them,
                          Stefe
                          36 Dictator cpe
                          36 ST.regis custom 2dr sedan R-2
                          37 Coupe express R-2
                          50 Champion convert
                          54 champion cpe
                          59 3/4 p/up 4wd
                          63 Custom R-2
                          63 GT hawk R-2 Motor Trend Hawk/Chicago Show Car
                          63 Avanti R-2
                          63 Avant1 R-2
                          64 Commander R-1
                          64 Challenger R-3
                          58 Packard hawk
                          64 Champ
                          2-63 Wagonaire's
                          62 E40 Transtar
                          55 3/4 T pickup
                          64 Daytona
                          Brand X :
                          70 Duster 340,56 Chevy Del Ray,49 Jeepster,58 Plymouth Belvedere,67 IH Travelall,58 IH Golden Anniversary

http://www.studebakersteve.com

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                            I usually do research wearing a blazer, Gary. BP

But, blazer is a word and laser is an acronym used as a word. Since the s stands for stimulated, I was wondering if you spelled stimulated with a z (ztimulated) <G>.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
                              ...and it even says "Studebaker" on it!! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=cobra

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X