Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Enterprise Lark floor pan opinions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Enterprise Lark floor pan opinions ?

Has anyone recently used the Lark floor pans from Classic Enterprise. I know they had problems years back and Lamonte said they have made changes. Any pros or cons?

How about trunk and rocker panels ?

This is for a two door hard top.

Yeah, I know its best to cut some out of a parts car, but I dont have one unless someone out there does that they want to turn loose of.

Thanks

Opinions will vary on his stuff. I have used both his floor and trunk panels and rockers on a 62 Hawk and a 63 Lark convertible and was happy with them. The panels sometimes need some massaging but overall I found them to be satisfactory.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Depending on how much you need to replace they are real time savers.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I was happy with trunk corner panels from them for my '58 Golden Hawk.

George
        george krem

Comment

Did Matt have a 63 Lark that was wrecked? if it is still sitting around - it may have your floor plans.

Any reproduction floor pan is going to require some massaging to get it to fit. I am not familiar with Classic Enterprises parts - nor, do I know if panels are available from other sources.

Drew

Comment

Originally posted by drew72mgb View Post
            Did Matt have a 63 Lark that was wrecked? if it is still sitting around - it may have your floor plans.

Any reproduction floor pan is going to require some massaging to get it to fit. I am not familiar with Classic Enterprises parts - nor, do I know if panels are available from other sources.

Drew
            I guess you mean me. I did have a wrecked Hardtop but it was a rusty Florida car. I'm pretty sure my grandad scrapped the remains a while ago anyway.

Comment

I used every CE panel available for my 55k. Even put in the front and back inner fender kits. My body guy phoned Lamonte for more instructions on the inner fenders and Lamonte was all help. I'm a Classic Enterprises fan.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I used them in my 66. I was very much an amatuer at the time. I got along very well with them. I would recommend their products.
                1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

I would have to agree with Kurt. I used them in my 52, and a very much amatuer myself. Just a little trimming here and there and put some fire to it. Dont make the same mistake that I made by fitting once and slamming them in there. I had some nice gaps in some places. Highly recommend them, and the only problem that I have had is shipping times taking to long.

Comment

Classic provides an excellent service and we should be thankfull that somebody repo's Studie replacement panels and i have just purchased some of Lamontes replacement rockers and I am very happy with the fit of them.In saying that, just a constructive critism is that the floor pan sections he provides for the Lark types dosen't have the bulge that is located right next to the floor hump which is a about 6" x 8" and about 3/4 inch tall. This becomes a problem if you are trying to fit a new section to a 63-64 Convertible because they have a extra crossmember running underneath this section therefore a flat panel will not fit properly.
                    Here are some pics original and repo.

Brian Greenall
                    Melbourne, OZ
                    sigpic

Comment

Well I sort of feel a little better about ordering the pans now. I know they are not going to be exact, but years ago, I heard many many horro stories. When I talked to Lamonte, he said he would fix any problems that he knew about, but if people didnt tell him, he wouldnt have a clue. I had sent him some of the stories and I had hoped he had fixed them.

As for the hump thats needed, did you tell him about it so he could make changes ?

Anyone have pictures of their Lark without the old pans and pictures or videos of taking the old ones out ? Also tools that are needed.

Thanks

Comment

Those parts look NICE.

Yes - Matt - I was thinking of you - and an earlier post, showing a 1963 that was wrecked - and "Florida" cars are supposed to be rust free! All depends what part of Florida! And, if they sat under trees to collect stuff to make the water / humidity eat at the steel!

I restored an MGB - using patch panels from several sources - and, as my FIRST restoration - I would say I was an amatuer. An MGB is a UNIT-Body car, so - lots of bracing was temporarily welded in.

Even with a Stude being a framed car - I would weld in braces - and make sure I had door / fender fits "right" before welding in new steel. If Studebaker published body dimensions - criss-crossing / diagonals (for collision repairs) I would use them. Suggest some period repair manuals for that information.

With these panels available - a Stude project may be in my future.

Drew

Comment

In 2009 I did some front floor pan work on my 64 CNV. I got the L & R pans off ebay from a guy in Michigan at a cost of about one third that of CE. Photos are after installation and Chemprime rust inhibitor application, next step was applying brushable seam sealer then Rust-o-leum. I cut the pans down as they were much larger than I needed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	64 RF floor wht.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1675597 Click image for larger version

Name:	64 LF floor wht.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1675598

34 Studebaker Street Rod (completed)
                          55 Speedster (in work)
                          63 Lark R2 (completed, 63K miles)