X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1933 studebaker comander 8 model 73 convertible sedan

Hi Guys,

i have just started restoring a 33 studebaker convertible sedan in india

was looking for a few parts like the radiator grill surround and the radiator mascot among many other body fittings
    also need the dials and rear tail lamp lenses

any leads on where i should start searching ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker%20Commander8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1736520Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker%20Commander8_%20dash.jpg
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1736521Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker%20Commander8_%20front%20full.jpg
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1736522Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker%20Commander8_side.jpg
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1736523

The mascot and tail light lens have beed reproduced. What are you refering to by dials? Gauges?

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Neat car!
      1936 Dictator
      1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
      1953 Commander Regal HT
      1953 2R5 Pickup
      1947 M16 Truck
      1960 Lark VIII Convertible
      1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
      1962 Champ 7E5 no box
      1962 GT Hawk
      1963 Lark VI 4 dr
      1963 GT Hawk R2
      1964 Daytona Convertible
      1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

You can also check with the Antique Studebaker Club for pre-war car information. A good bet.

Comment

Allan
          Good luck to you with your restoration. As already mentioned, the Antique Studebaker Club is more focused on pre-WW2 cars, but we have some folks on this forum with good knowledge and connections to parts sources as well. Do you know anything about the history of the car? Was it imported to India when it was new, or more recently? Studebakers show up in the strangest places.
          John
          1950 Champion
          W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
          Holdrege NE

Comment

To: Allan.Almeida,------Talk about RARE...and a '33 at that.. really a more manageable car than it's bigger brother. Best of luck with it!

Comment

I'll start you off with one source you will probably need.

Explore their reproduction parts and steering wheels. http://shrockbrothers.com/

If you haven't already joined the Antique Studebaker Club, please do so. The magazine is bi-monthly and contains a wealth of information and parts resources; also offers free classified ads to members.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hi Alan,
                you have a difficult task ahead of you without a complete car. 33 is the elusive year in terms of Studebaker. Nobody really has parts for them.

You may be better off buying a parts car and importing it. Or just make something. You Indians are good at fabricating.

There are a few of those 33's in India. So you should get in contact with the other guy who has the 33 model 56 convertible sedan to se if you can use his car for patterns. I did see a big State President convertible sedan pictured in India at one of the many Royal palaces in the late 1980s

Regards
                Greg
                Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

I'd be surprised if this car shown here isn't the same one talked about in this post being restored. It's probably the prettiest Studebaker I've ever seen. It's in India.
                  http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-gal...854,5.aspx#pic . Maybe someone knows better how to post the picture without all the rigamarole I have to go through.

I just looked at the license plate numbers and it IS the same car!!
                  "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Has nice lines.

Comment

Some body put the steering on the wrong side. Other than that, great project.
                      Kim

Comment

33 studes

hi Allan,
                        been looking for 1933 studebaker parts since 1989...just recently got my second glass tail light lens...33 was the lowest production year...you have an extremely nice and very rare car there in very nice condition...i have a large collection of 28-33 stude parts...my buddy in oregon has a 33 comander...we should chat...mike klaus... president8@shaw.ca

Comment

Working...
                        X