bumper jack for 56 sedans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumper jack for 56 sedans

Has anyone got an original bumper jack for a 56 sedan. The one in my trunk looks weird. The hook looks like a thumb sticking up and am sure it is not right. Would like to find a corect one or at least a picture of one so that I might know what I am looking for.
    Thanks, Nick

Originally posted by njonkman View Post
    Has anyone got an original bumper jack for a 56 sedan. The one in my trunk looks weird. The hook looks like a thumb sticking up and am sure it is not right. Would like to find a corect one or at least a picture of one so that I might know what I am looking for. Thanks, Nick
    Nick, posting a pic. of what you've got might be a good start.

Next, you should be aware Studebaker used at least 3 different jack manufacturers for their 1956 models ...and of course each had their own design!!!
    The one distinguishing identifier for all jacks installed in 1956 sedans, was a 3/8" dia. hole in the housing of the jack where the stowage hold-down spring attached.

Comment

The hook with "the thumb sticking up" is not for a Studebaker, Nick. It is for a later-model car with a hole on the underside of the bumper into which the "thumb" is inserted for a more positive "hook" into the bumper when raising the car. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        The hook with "the thumb sticking up" is not for a Studebaker, Nick. It is for a later-model car with a hole on the underside of the bumper into which the "thumb" is inserted for a more positive "hook" into the bumper when raising the car. BP
        Here is a picture of what I found in my trunk.
        Nick
        Click image for larger version

Name:	jack.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1675575

Comment

Here is a picture of what I found in my trunk.
          Nick
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]17837[/ATTACH]
          Thanks for providing that pic. Sorry to confirm that is NOT the correct jack for your '56 Studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
            Thanks for providing that pic. Sorry to confirm that is NOT the correct jack for your '56 Studebaker
            Thanks, Now does anyone have a jack for my car that is correct?
            Nick

Comment

Thanks, Now does anyone have a jack for my car that is correct?
              Nick
              "display purposes" "must raise & lower 25 times." IF"useful life" has already been used up ...why risk yours?!?!

Give Stude vendor Tom Karkiewicz in South Bend a call at 574.287.5834General Studebaker-Specific Discussion" Forum.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Working...
              X