Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the dollar value of a T12 (AS12-5P) Transmission - and the Chevy bolt pattern bellhousing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the dollar value of a T12 (AS12-5P) Transmission - and the Chevy bolt pattern bellhousing?

Hello,

With the cooler, wetter weather on its way to So. Cal. in a month or so I'm looking to clear out some of my summer project "leftovers."

Specifically I have the T-12 (AS12-5P) automatic transmission (with convertor). From my limited understanding it seems to be a desirable transmission with its external cooling and, as I understand it a "heavy duty" rating??? Attached is the Chevy bolt pattern bellhousing. My questions are:

1. Is there any value in this transmission (please state amount)? When installed it had reverse, 1st/Low (when placed there) and I assume 2nd when placed in "Drive." The fluid was clean. Other than running in my backyard it never saw the street so that is all I can attest to.

2. Is there any value in separating the Chevy bellhousing from the transmission and trying to sell each separately?

I made mention of it being available a few months ago, but after 118 "looks" there were no relies. In part I'm thinking because at nearly 200 pound I didn't want to hassle shipping it, and a buyer wouldn't wanted to have paid the $hipping co$t. So, is it worth holding on to until the right person comes along? Or, am I better to just get its scrap value and clearing out things of little value that I'll never use?

Thank you for your input, Tom
    Attached Files
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Tom, I may be interested. My 64 needs a rebuild, leaking like a sif. I am here in TO. Email me.

Mark

Comment

Mark,
      I sent you an email, but I'm not finding it "sent" either here on the site or in my regular mail. If you don't get it, re-post here and I'll try again. I'm in most of tomorrow.

Tom
      '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

With the cable style kickdown this is really only correct for '65 - '66 V-8 cars.

Comment

But can is work on a 64? I know anything can be made to work, but would it be better to find a 64 tranny? I would use the bell housing and the converter from the 64 and the trans from the 65. Thoughts?

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X