Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooperator's Session

Charlie D.

Well, Charlie; I'm planning to be there, along with several Co-Operator Advisors.

It's probably a matter of time until someone calls and we discuss what time and place would "work."

At least that's how it has been in the past. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hey, Bob! My house in Pine Grove Mills will work any time that's convenient for you!
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
        Hey, Bob! My house in Pine Grove Mills will work any time that's convenient for you!
        How close is that to Colorado Springs, Brad? BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob,

Since a time has not been finalized yet I personally would appreciate if it did not fall on Tuesday morning. I am looking forward to the editors’ meetings that morning. The cooperator’s session is really neat. There is so much talent and experience in one room at one time. Wow!!

Charlie D.

Comment

I just reviewed the Meet Booklet online (www.sdcmeet.com) and still don't see a cooperator session scheduled. This is one of the high spots of an International Meet for me, so I hope it is scheduled soon (preferably between Monday and Thursday). I also enjoy the newsletter sessions so would prefer that there is no conflict with them.

Thanks
            Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
            '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
            '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
            '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

I just reviewed the Meet schedule published in the February 2013 issue of Turning Wheels. Still no mention of a Co-Operator session.
              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)

Comment

I'll check into it, guys; we usually squeeze one in somewhere.

"Problem" this year is this: Our second grandchild (woo-hoo!) is due the very week of this year's International Meet in Colorado Springs; tentatively July 2! (Yes, I know; our daughter and son-in-law should have consulted us, but we'll take any port in a storm.)

So even if I'm not there to run The Co-Operator Show, I'm sure Dwain Grindinger or Jim Pepper will chip in and monitor the madness. BP

Comment

Thanks for the update, Bob.

Comment

From Chuck Donkle (Co-Chairmain of the meet)
                    "I added the Co-operators Session on Wednesday July 3,from 3 to 5 pm. Please inform those individuals that are concerned. The
                    room will be assigned later, once we know about how many people will be attending. Please provide us with that information" via Chris Collins. Chris suggested that Chuck reserve a room for at least 100.

Comment

Thanks for that update, Howard, and thanks to Chuck for adding our session.

We found out a couple weeks ago that our grandchild-to-be will be our first granddaughter, and she is still scheduled to arrive July 2. Obviously, I will not know until Meet Week whether or not I'll be attending this year's International Meet at all! (If I'm not there, I'll ask Jim Pepper to moderate The Co-Operator Session.)

Thanks again to all. BP

Comment

Congratulations Bob! Our first grandchild (also a granddaughter) is about 2 weeks away today!
                        Hope to see you at Colorado Springs.

Comment

Congrats, Howard; I am told granddaughters worm their your way into your heart like there's no tomorrow...and if our little one does that half as effectively as her 3-year-old brother, we're in a heap-o-trouble!

BTW, all, since my Post #11, Jim Pepper reports he will be unable to attend Colorado Springs at all this year.

Therefore, I have asked Dwain Grindinger to "chair" The Co-Operator Session if I am not there, and Dwain has agreed to do so. (Thanks, Dwain) BP

Comment

Bob:
                            She arrived last Friday; a little early but we are ecstatic! Already, being a grandpa is WONDERFUL!

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
                              Bob:
                              She arrived last Friday; a little early but we are ecstatic! Already, being a grandpa is WONDERFUL!
                              Congratulations, Howard...but like the man said, "you ain't seen nothin' yet!" BP

Comment

Working...
                              X