4 door Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 door Hawk

I was searching Images of Hawks and found this 4 door. Anyone know anything about it.
    Attached Files

If that's real, it's certainly interesting!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Oh yea , a More-Door

That is nice. I hope that is real. I would like to own it. I might even trade my 2 door for it but then again, I like a more-door. Looks like bout front doors may be shortened bout 4 inches. Any info on it? jimmijim
      Last edited by jimmijim8; 09-18-2012, 05:33 AM.
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

What a great looking car, makes you wonder how it would have sold new if Studebaker had produced it. If it is real, are there more of them to be found? Maybe TW can track it down and do a story on this car. It would be a great read.

Comment

Knowing what we (WE) know about our Studebaker frames...there would have to be some serious work underneath to make this Hawk a viable (or even safe) ride.

I am glad that Studebaker didn''t put something like this into production. Like the four-door Thunderbird...this could have turned the "HAWK" brand into a real "Turkey!"

Real or not, the picture looks much better than the image conjured up in my mind before clicking on the thread.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Hi

Love it! Even if it is a PhotoShop image, it looks great!

Steve

Comment

It does look nice! As others have said, the frame and the body would need extensive re-work to support a free-standing B-pillar that has to carry a fair amount of weight.

Craig

Comment

I don't think it would be brain surgery. As most know, GM and bout every body else did it. A competent could do it. Gonna have to be more than just a rusty Stude fixer-upper. cheers jimmijim
                Last edited by jimmijim8; 09-18-2012, 05:35 AM.
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Sorry but it's not real. See the link below:

In jpcavanaugh’s CC on the 1962 Studebaker GT Hawk the other day, there was some discussion of how it could have been the first Pony Car, if the wheelbase had […]

Still looks like a great idea! Somebody get in touch with Studebaker management!
                  Last edited by mr moto; 09-18-2012, 05:25 AM.
                  Manuel J. Martinez
                  Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                    I don't think it would be brain surgery. As most know, GM and bout every body else did it. A competent could do it. cheers jimmijim
                    Are you up to the challenge?

Craig

Comment

My brain could handle it I think, but my body is shot. I used to play guitar. My left hand now can't even pick my nose. Fixing a rust bucket is a challenge and I been there done that and learned the hard way. I don't want or need any feathers in my cap that in the long run cost as much or more than a nice turn key. I'd rather buy a clean car to start. There's is as you know more old cars on the market than the market can bear. Result: great deals abound cause collectors are passing at an increasing rate. No offense intended. I may be gone tomorrow and have my acquaintenances hounding at my door for my car. My ole-lady will probably just dump my car. She could care less to get the ultimate price and just want it out of the way. I don't have any relatives that I would even give my car to cause they couldn't/wouldn't take care of it or appreciate it. Maybe a good idea would be giving it to a charity org. after I clock out so my wifey or relative of choice can claim an Old Car Price Guide whopper of an income tax deduction. cheers jimmijim
                      Last edited by jimmijim8; 09-18-2012, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Ok, so its not real, I still want one.

Comment

Looks like it could have worked. I think suicide doors would have looked good. The car has some things in common with the contemporary Lincolns.
                          Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                          50 Champion 2 door*
                          53 Commander K Auto*
                          53 Commander K overdrive*
                          55 President Speedster
                          62 GT 4Speed*
                          63 Avanti R1*
                          64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Wow! That would be one classy looking car.
                            Rog
                            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                            Smithtown,NY
                            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

i dig it. I am a bigger fan of more-doors than 2 doors.
                              1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X