PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Springs IM Booklet

PeterHawk
09-17-2012, 07:18 PM
I was browsing through the on line IM booklet for next year and I noticed that the current agenda calls for the Board of Directors Meeting preceding the Membership Meeting AGAIN!!! Your thoughts?

Chris_Dresbach
09-17-2012, 07:38 PM
I think that after some of the old discussion it would be a good idea to reverse the times of the meetings, and it's not too late to do it.

Welcome
09-17-2012, 10:20 PM
I was browsing through the on line IM booklet for next year and I noticed that the current agenda calls for the Board of Directors Meeting preceding the Membership Meeting AGAIN!!! Your thoughts?

I think that after some of the old discussion it would be a good idea to reverse the times of the meetings, and it's not too late to do it.

Peter & Chris, that sounds like an illogical sequence-of-events, but the truth of the matter is the SDC Membership in general really does not take an active interest in the governance of the Club …at least not until it directly affects them ...like the increased registration cost for the 2013 IM!!!

For example; the last two IMs where the SDC Board of Directors passed out "the really big money contracts," less than .00009% of regular dues paying SDC Members even bothered to attend and observe how and where the BoD spent their money.

studegary
09-18-2012, 03:00 PM
The General Membership Meeting usually is based on a summary of what happened in the BoD Mtg. The BoD Mtg. may take from eight to 17 hours. How can you give a summary before the fact? You are supposed to give your input to your Director before the International. The BoD Mtg. is open to all members. I always attend, when I am at the International.

PeterHawk
09-18-2012, 06:59 PM
I bow to both Jim and Gary's observations and, as NYS Regional Manager, Northeast Zone, will conduct many Q & A's with the folks in New York to make sure that Gary Ash, our Board of Director Representative knows our concerns before the next IM.