close ratio vs wide ratio - T10 4 spd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: close ratio vs wide ratio - T10 4 spd

There is another thread going where there is a lot of talk about the close ratio and wide ratio gearing found on the chevy bolt pattern T10s used in 62. I have two of these transmissions, one in use, and I have no idea if they are close or wide ratio. Any way I can tell from the numbers on the side of the tranny? By the way, the one not in use is for sale, if somebody is hunting one. - thanks

Originally posted by Jim Christensen View Post
    There is another thread going where there is a lot of talk about the close ratio and wide ratio gearing found on the chevy bolt pattern T10s used in 62. I have two of these transmissions, one in use, and I have no idea if they are close or wide ratio. Any way I can tell from the numbers on the side of the tranny? By the way, the one not in use is for sale, if somebody is hunting one. - thanks
    Jim

Not that I know of. The only thing you will find is MFG date. But why not put 'em in gear, spin the input shaft and count the output turns. Should get you close. Otherwise, you'll need to open 'em up and count the teeth.

Oops! Forgot about the grooves on the input shaft. http://www.dandltransmission.com/borgratio.html

Bob
    Last edited by sweetolbob; 09-16-2012, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X