Win/Win on IDYSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win/Win on IDYSD

I had a great day on IDYSD. Got to drive and tow with Old #12 a "Win". Also got to go stock car racing another "Win"

64 E35 towing a Mustang Fever Four to the races

Studebaker driver since 1971
    59 Lark
    59 4X4
    62 E45
    64 E15
    64 E35

Originally posted by studediesel View Post
    I had a great day on IDYSD. Got to drive and tow with Old #12 a "Win". Also got to go stock car racing another "Win"

64 E35 towing a Mustang Fever Four to the races

Congrats on both your "wins!" That is one nice vehicle combination!!!

What was the "commercial use history" of that E35??? TIA

Comment

Welcome
      I do know some of the "commercial use history" of Old #12.
      The truck was sold new to Cinema Service of Fort Collins Colorado. It joined a fleet of 4 E35 Diesels that Cinema Service already had in service. #12 was in service from 1964 untill 1975. In a letter from the original owner Arnold Emery, Arnold wrote"Old #12 roamed all over the northeastern part of Colorado,eastern and southern Wyoming and into western Nebraska and into south Dakota, hauling the Denver Post and motion picture films. Running days during the week and day and night most weekends.It was in two rollover accident caused by drivers going to sleep at the wheel, and demolised the van bodies on it in both cases. We figured it had well over a million miles of service on it".
      #12 was the last E35 built by Studebaker on12/6/63.
      Steve
      Studebaker driver since 1971
      59 Lark
      59 4X4
      62 E45
      64 E15
      64 E35

Comment

Thanks Steve for sharing Old #12's unique role in history ...helping keep folks in that part of the country 'informed & entertained." Guess in a way by towing your race car to different events, Old #12 is still helping "entertain" folks!

Comment

Thats one sweet truck. It rolled twice? You did one hell of a good job on it!!!

Comment

Working...
          X