PDA

View Full Version : Stoking the fires......

glen
09-16-2012, 07:17 AM

john Mitchell
09-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Is there any person out there in "Forum land," from the 1 of the 2 (central) Colorado chapters, know if the Pikes Peak "host chapter" is going to monitor and post responses to questions that other members may raise, prior to the meet, on this forum.....or will it be experiment in "self help," by others? I have made inquires and suggestions, but have not heard a "peep" back :confused: What will be, will be.......
Glen, received your e mail at the official e mail address for the meet,"Colorado2013SDC@yahoo.com". Also,see where you posted the web address for the pre meet booklet. This will continue to be expanded to include registration.I guess a third location for on line info can be handled also.
John

Avantidon
09-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Glen, all three organizations are using the Crowne Plaza as a meet hotel so most of the above will be a moot issue in Colorado Springs.

Welcome
09-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Don, I understand that, however, what I was getting at, there were some issues from the last meet in South Bend (since that is the freshest) that could have been handled better, for those on the forum. I felt there were times, the forum responses by the host committee, were a bit slow in coming, if at all, in the beginning, (I know, I personally sent the camping info to a member in B.C.), until they realized the "chatter" that was going on? The issue about "were to pick up the packets" was a total nightmare, if not laughable, of a response! 1st referring the member to Cornerstone to fine out for themselves (not appropriate in any manner) and then the variations that were posted by Cornerstone and then the Host. As someone said, "with all the issues, we put up with them, because it's South Bend, we had a good time!" Which is, what I hope will be for the many who attend Colorado Springs, as well!

I get from the response, by John Mitchell, they were not initially going to monitor this site.....but maybe now they are? So my question is really now.....if the moderator goes to the effort to have a forum in place for us to post questions about the the meet, or other items, and the hosts don't monitor and respond....then what is the purpose? We just go back to the old way and post on the main SDC forum and just hope?

I get from the response, by John Mitchell, they were not initially going to monitor this site.....but maybe now they are? So my question is really now.....if the moderator goes to the effort to have a forum in place for us to post questions about the meet, or other items, and the hosts don't monitor and respond....then what is the purpose?

The SDC’s "International Meet Policy" does NOT require a Host Chapter (nor anyone else for that matter) to monitor this Forum or website …period!!!:eek:

Things do fall through the cracks as time marches on!!! Maybe it is time that requirement to be added to the IM Policy and assigned a specific area of responsibility …and now maybe it will!?!?:!:

Avantidon
09-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Glen, having been part of an IMC management team and serving as chair of several other events, I have monitored this site for questions and made sure answers were received by those who needed them. This year for South bend was an exception as we are trying to complete our move to Virginia and have had our hands full. I am sure that we will (the IMC) be monitoring this site and ensuring that someone from the Colorado Springs Meet Committee gets the answers posted as they are the best ones to accomplish that. Since i was in Colorado Springs earlier this year with both Denny Foust (IMC Meet Chair) and Tom Curtis I could answer the questions that were raised concerning Early Departure and Pet charges. Those issues both stood out with me since I am very familiar with hotel negotiations for convention and conference planning having done it as an additional business assignement while working with a Fortune 100 company during my business career. We have already negotiated the contract for 2015 in St Louis and the Early Departure fee was in that contract also but it is not now and our intent is to make sure we get the best contract that we can for any facility that we chose to use for an International Meet in the future. All we need are some local chapters to step up and agree to hold a national meet in the coming years.

Welcome
09-25-2012, 09:22 PM
>>>All we need are some local chapters to step up and agree to hold a national meet in the coming years.

Two questions for you;

1.) What new ways do you propose going about getting "local chapters" to hold a "international/national meet"?

2.) Is the 2007 revision to the SDC's "International Meet Policy" the latest available?

TIA

Avantidon
09-26-2012, 07:06 AM
The IMC Meet Policy is currently under revision with many changes and enhancements. Hopefully it will be completed in the very near future. If you have suggestions let us know and we will take a look at them. You can send the suggestions to Denny Foust (IMC Meet Chair) or to me via PM or through normal email channels. As of today we have meets planned throuh 2015 with 2016 in the mill. If you are interested in hosting a meet put a proposal together for 2018 and present it to the IMC Committee at Colorado Springs next year. In the process if you are interested let us know and we will work with you to make it happen.