My '64 Avanti Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My '64 Avanti Watch

Several weeks ago I was testing the filtered search for Studebaker parts on eBay and I happened to stumble on a watch described as a 1964 Studebaker Avanti watch. My bid was high (only bid) for $.99. Shipping was listed as $13.99 (from Hong Kong). I decided I could gamble $15 just to see how it looked in person. Today I received it. Disregard the ugly wrist in the picture, but I was well impressed with the watch. Believe it or not, it was running when I took it out of the padded envelope and it was set for my local time. They were decribed as "fits most". I guess I'm a "most" because it it a very comfortable fit.
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

That's pretty cool, Paul! Wish I saw the need to wear a watch anymore, but I don't. Since I carry what I call my "pocket watch" (cell phone), i whip it out when I care as to what time it si.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
      That's pretty cool, Paul! Wish I saw the need to wear a watch anymore, but I don't. Since I carry what I call my "pocket watch" (cell phone), i whip it out when I care as to what time it si.
      As do most people these days. I would if I could, but cell phones don't work at my house.
      Most kids now days don't know how to read an analog clock.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
      X