Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official. We now own a red 1953 Mercedes Benz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official. We now own a red 1953 Mercedes Benz!

We get parking tickets. We don't have enough spaces for the modern vehicles and the Studebakers. The 53 is often parked out in front on the street. Once a month is street cleaning day.. If we don't move it we usually get a 10.00 parking ticket. Hey it's cheaper than renting a garage space. The first ones listed the make as UNKWN. Then we got one that got it right and listed it as a STUDE. However today's ticket tops them all. It is listed as a MERZ. MERZ is the NCIC Vehicle Data Code for Mercedes Benz.

I wonder what gave them that idea?<G>

sigpic

Perhaps you should send it back as you don't own an MB.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I see there's still a "...ker" on the grill, and probably a similar clue on the trunk handle, just above the license plate.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Take it to court and tell then you don't own a Mercedes so you can't pay this ticket -
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Brilliant...And a guy I knew did indeed get away with something similar...he had a '78 Corolla on the decklid of which, for fun, he'd stuck PORSCHE in those gold and black adhesive mailbox letters, and later got a parking ticket he didn't have to pay because the commissionaire had written Porsche instead of Toyota...

S.

Comment

The last time that I parked a 1953 Starliner on the street in front of my home for a little while, in about 1970, a redimix concrete truck backed into it.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X