. Studebaker Oops .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . Studebaker Oops .

Don`t worry , the dummy lying in the road is ok .
    Well , can`t blame the Studebaker for this mess , can we . ?

And of coarse ya gotta Zoom in somehow if ya wanna see it better . .
    Last edited by aarrggh; 11-30-2012, 04:27 PM.

Well, I have a feeling the passenger may not have fared so well from the looks of the windshield. Appears to be a 1940 Champion 2 door like my first car (and Chris Dreesbach)
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I just noticed the steering wheel is up against the windshield ...oooooooo

Comment

That'll buff right out...
        ~Matt Connor
        '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

You drink, you drive, you lose!

Comment

Oh that's painful to look at. Not only for the car but I can imagine what it would be like to eat the steering wheel on a '40, and it's not something I would care to do...
            However since the one in the photo has been reduced to a parts car I could use those doors, the trunk floor, the deck lid, the interior....
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

The cat kneeling down with the slicked back hair and leather jacket was probably the one driving and he was the one who slipped a 259 into the humble Champion. I bet that thing had the speedo rolled over 110 when it knocked down that pole. The people standing around look amazed because that car had to have some speed to knock down that pole.
              Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
              Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
              Lizella, GA

Comment

You have to give the guy some credit for his aim....he hit it dead center.
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Well, He swerved five times before he hit it....

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                  You have to give the guy some credit for his aim....he hit it dead center.
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                    Well, He swerved five times before he hit it....
                    After narrowly missing some fat guy in a small car with a big mouth!!

Craig

Comment

I guess you could summarize this as the car experiencing a "light" hit.

Officer Lester: "Anyone see this happen?"

Guy on ground: "I swear.... I swerved to miss that street lamp and the damned thing jumped in front of me!"
                      Last edited by Roscomacaw; 09-13-2012, 10:25 AM.
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I would like to know about how fast the car was going. It looks like the pole is cast out of reinforced concrete, so it would have taken a pretty good thump to knock it over. A 1940 Champion speedo only goes up to 90, but good luck getting that fast. By 65-70 the engine is screaming like crazy and the only way you're going that fast is if you have OD.
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Look at where the pole is. The car hit it and bounced backwards. The pole fell, and the car hit it--- AGAIN!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X