what would you trade for no rust 65 cruiser ??? With Pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you trade for no rust 65 cruiser ??? With Pix

Any one looking to trade a not wreaked rust free 62-64 hawk or 59 to 63 Daytona (engines nice not necessary) 2 door (round rear lights). I would prefer a rust less hawk, my son is interested in Daytona. The cruiser ran when parked, very solid floors-trunk- 283 Chevy motor, I do not think it is a mckinny . Last time I went to start it carb flooded, may just be stuck needle and seat........I would also sell cruiser for $5000.00 and may consider other trades, different year hawk,Lark depending on condition. If there appears to be an interest I will post some pictures. It would not take much to make this a daily driver
    Last edited by K-Hawk; 09-11-2012, 12:45 PM.

Don't have a Hawk or 59-63 Daytona to trade but may be interested in the cruiser since my first car was a '65 cruiser back in '69. Would like to see some pics.
    \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
    \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

I have rust free 63 hawk but not interested in a 65 cruiser, can not say that I have seen many 65 cruisers worth $5000.00 unless real nice, good running and a fair interior.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Not a like condition Hawk. jimmijim
        Originally posted by K-Hawk View Post
        Any one looking to trade a not wreaked rust free 62-64 hawk or 59 to 63 Daytona (engines nice not necessary) 2 door (round rear lights). I would prefer a rust less hawk, my son is interested in Daytona. The cruiser ran when parked, very solid floors-trunk- 283 Chevy motor, I do not think it is a mckinny . Last time I went to start it carb flooded, may just be stuck needle and seat........I would also sell cruiser for $5000.00 and may consider other trades, different year hawk,Lark depending on condition. If there appears to be an interest I will post some pictures. It would not take much to eke this a daily driver
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Any one looking to trade a not wreaked rust free 62-64 hawk or 59 to 63 Daytona (engines nice not necessary) 2 door (round rear lights). I would prefer a rust less hawk, my son is interested in Daytona. The cruiser ran when parked, very solid floors-trunk- 283 Chevy motor, I do not think it is a mckinny . Last time I went to start it carb flooded, may just be stuck needle and seat........I would also sell cruiser for $5000.00 and may consider other trades, different year hawk,Lark depending on condition. If there appears to be an interest I will post some pictures. It would not take much to eke this a daily driver
          A "round rear lights" (taillight) "Daytona" would have to be a 1962-1963, not a "59 to 63".
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Not to niptick or anything...
            If there appears to be an interest I will post some pictures.
            Posting pictures creates interest. When I'm on craigslist and I see an ad without pictures where the seller says "I've got pictures if you want to see what the car looks like", I click the back button, and go to an ad where I can get an idea for what the car looks like upfront. You've got a near-impossible task if you want someone to trade any solid Hawk for a Lark. Larks just don't have the same value.

Post pictures, so people can get an idea if trading what's in their garage for what's in yours is even worth considering. Frankly, I bought a clean, fully functional running and stopping '63 for vaguely in the ballpark of half of what you're asking for your non-op with a mismatched motor. Photos would be needed for me to even think about it. Post them, and who knows? You might get lucky.
            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I'd trade a Klondike bar.
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks I did not realize they were used for only 2 years very cool look. Were the round light used on any other models similar to Daytona body style 2 door...

Comment

'63 Rambler American 440 hardtop. Also a number of '59 thru early sixties F*rd offerings.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks I did not realize they were used for only 2 years very cool look. Were the round light used on any other models similar to Daytona body style 2 door...
                    If you are talking "other makes" see Roscomacaw's post.

If you are Talking Studebakers, YES '62-'63 "Daytona 2 Drs." only Came in 2 Dr. Hardtops and Convertibles.
                    But all Studebaker Standards, Lark Regals, Lark Customs (like Ted Harbit's award winning Drag Race car (the "Stude Tomato") had round Tail lights and came in 2 Door (post) Sedans.

On another note; '64 Daytona's came in Hardtop, Convertible, 4 Door Sedan, Wagon, and Wagonaire. 1965's came in Sport Sedan (2 Dr. Sedan) and Wagonaire, and '66's came in Sport Sedan only.

And all 1963's could be had with the 170 6 Cyl., the 259 V-8, the 289 V-8, the 289 "Jet Thrust" Avanti R1 Engine or the 289 "Super Jet Thrust", Avanti Supercharged R2.
                    Last edited by StudeRich; 09-11-2012, 02:12 PM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes I was just talking about Studebaker's. 2 door post cars are cool too. I just like the way the body tapers into the lights smooth looking. I have decided I will only keep Studebakers as my hobby cars.

Comment

So.....How many people have to show interest before you'll post pics???? I asked for some 12 hrs ago and you've been back on here twice since then but still no pics !!! Guess I don't rate with my request........One prespective buyer lost.
                        \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Yes I was just talking about Studebaker's. 2 door post cars are cool too. I just like the way the body tapers into the lights smooth looking. I have decided I will only keep Studebakers as my hobby cars.
                          I really agree. I've got a '63 Lark Custom, and I really love the rear end of the thing. I just looks like your quintessential classic car. Truth be told, if you like the rear end of the '63, it used basically the same rear panels as the later models. My rear fenders are off either a '64 or '65 for that matter. Just pull off the band-aid updates that they did to freshen up the cars for the '64 and later model years, get yourself a few parts from a '63 Daytona, and boom, no need to swap an entire vehicle.

That being said, you should really post pictures here.
                          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by snowy_buffalo View Post
                            So.....How many people have to show interest before you'll post pics???? I asked for some 12 hrs ago and you've been back on here twice since then but still no pics !!! Guess I don't rate with my request........One prespective buyer lost.
                            come on Allen give him time, you need a cruiser right??
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                              come on Allen give him time, you need a cruiser right??
                              Well Bob, like I posted my first car was a '65 Cruiser so I'm kinda partial to them and WOULD entertain purchasing another BUT I can't stand people that post like K-Hawk did and then won't follow thru on offers made. How does he/she expect anyone to be willing to trade/buy if he can't produce a pic of the item he's/she's offering in exchange. This is as bad as the craigslist ads that say they have a car for sale and want you to make an offer on it without them even providing a pic.

BTW, K-Hawk managed to be on this forum and respond/post 7 times after I asked for the pics so apparently he/she is more interested in the forum that actually following thru on the offer of pics in the first post.
                              \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Working...
                              X