PDA

View Full Version : drove both of them today..

studerodder
09-09-2012, 12:04 PM
i took the 64 daytona to it's first car show - dyer, indiana's homecoming days fest. just across the state line from us. our 61 cruiser won a best in class trophy at this show last year, so i was eager to return. there were over a hundred cars, but just one stude. i was put in the stock 1960's class, the largest group of cars there. got an "outstanding in class" trophy. (2nd place) quite surprised as i have only owned this car two months. brought it home and took the 61 cruiser to simon sez cruise night in merrillville, indiana. this pace is where all the hot street "hitter" cars go. the smell of racing fuel was heavy in the air. lots of guys checked out the lark, but the biggest story going around was about my oil filter being on top of the engine. no one there had ever seen one, and many didn't believe it was stock! funny how stuff that seems normal to us is unusual to others. a good day, burned 30 bucks worth of gas for no particular reason.

Pat Dilling
09-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Good story! Seems to me you burned $30 worth of gas for a couple excellent reasons. You wanted to, and you had fun.

nwi-region-rat
09-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Hey, Bring that car out to Munster on Monday nights....At the Charlie Horse, across from community Hospital. We all gather there on Mondays after 5...Plus half off burgers. I'm working this Monday otherwise I would be there.