53 Hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Hardtop

7 years ago I had to somewhat reluctantly sell my 1949 Commander. I let my SDC membership slip and settled in to driving my 1967 GMC truck, I'm a carpenter. I used the word "somewhat" only because I always pined for a 53/54 Hardtop. Last week I finally pulled a 1953 hardtop into my driveway and I have a title in hand. I'll need some parts and advice along the way. I've told many people over the years about how genuinely helpful and friendly the Stude world is. I've been proven right by scouring the posts on here looking for info on my car. Look forward to many interesting discussions!

Welcome back. We like pictures - especially before, during, and after. You've come to the right place for parts, advice, and encouragement.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks! I restore historic and architecurally significant homes for a living. My camera is right along side my hammer.

Comment

Welcome home Pancho! The 53-54 Loewy cars are my favorite too. Congratulations on adopting one!

Pat
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

To: Pancho,------You chose the right model! Whether a person likes Studebakers or not, EVERYONE seems to admire the look of the '53 C/K's. Good luck with it!

Comment

Working...
          X