PDA

View Full Version : what can i do with all these xtra parts.

Trinidad 37 coupexpress
09-08-2012, 02:24 PM
:) Dear ladies and gentlemen of the Studebaker world. I am new to this kind of thing computers and e-mails ect. so any advise you can give would be helpfdul. I just came across a 37 carat diamond in the back yard of my nieces neihbors house under a bunch of boxes of junk. After a lot of smoothing over the guy finally agreed to sell me the stude. apparently hes owned more than one in the past cars, trucks ect.. this one was thre remaining one and he held out a long time. I got ownership transfer and it now has a new home and is no longer being mistreated. the gent owned the coupexpress for 40 yrs and it happens that he has boxes and boxes of stude parts from all the other studes hes had over the years and is wanting me to sell them for him through venues like this as part of our deal so he can get more $$ as he is getting up in his years and is on a fixed income. How do i go about posting selling and shipping all this stuff??????? The 37 coupe express needs some parts and i was wondering if trades are possible?? please help thanks. TRINIDAD 37

dean pearson
09-08-2012, 02:47 PM
I will give you $5.00 per carat for the diamond and am also looking for the beltline trim for a 52 2 door hard top.

studebaker-R2-4-me
09-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Studebaker Swap Page gets excellent exposure to sell the parts for free. The big thing is to know what you have.

http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/swap.php

Allen

53commander
09-08-2012, 03:41 PM
The Post Office has a wide variety of flat rate shipping boxes available. The boxes are free and whatever fits in it will ship for a low flat rate. This makes shipping a lot easier. Ebay is a great place to sell but being new to computers it can be a little tough at first. Maybe you can take some pictures and post some parts here? Photobucket is a free image hosting site and makes posting pictures easy.

george o
09-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Good Afternoon:

Wasn't this the same post as on the truck page?

Maybe we could all review

Take Care

George o

JimC
09-08-2012, 04:18 PM
You could also find your local chapter, and see if anyone there needs some of the parts.

Turning Wheels gives you a free ad once a year in the magazine's want ads, if I recall. You could post there.

The easiest way to guarantee sales would be to auction them through ebay. Many stude enthusiasts surf there regularly. Start all your auctions super low (think really low, like $1), not at what you want to get for them. The bidders take care of raising the price on their own. Set them for long-ish auctions (7 days-ish), and if you have a valuable part, set your reserve for the least amount you would be willing to part with. Another "technique" (because the word "trick" sounds mean) I used to use on reserve auctions to draw people back was to lower the reserve price by a a few cents the day before the auction ended or any time the interest seemed to wane. This sends out a message (or at least it used to) that the reserve price was lowered, but it doesn't say by how much, which sometimes spurs people to make one more bid, to see if they can get past the cap.

The powers that be will let you post an odd message here and there selling a part on these forums, but they don't like it when you abuse it to post dozens of "for sale" threads. Posting one thread with a long list of parts with pictures is more effective anyway, just be sure to edit the original post to remove items as they sell, so you don't get a guy asking about a part you sold two years ago.

Having said all that, WELCOME to the site!! Hope you enjoy it here. Join the SDC if you haven't already. It's worth it.

JimC
09-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Oh yeah, there's also your local craigslist (www.craigslist.org (http://www.craigslist.org) - online classifieds), and of course, nothing helps sell stuff faster than PICTURES. If ya got em, post 'em. We would also like to see pics of this new ride of yours :)

jg61hawk
09-08-2012, 05:45 PM
John,
You posted a 37 truck on both San Francisco and South Bend Craig's Lists. This was suspicious. You stated once it was a cousin, now it is a niece. However, you replied to my E-mail, and you had pictures. You also are consistent with your name. I thought you were a scam of some sort, now maybe not so much. If you have 1937 Coupe Express as pictured on Craigslist you WILL SELL it here FAST. Post what you have, post pictures, and make sure someone close to you from the club can see the vehicle, see the titla, and verify everything you say. We are old car nuts, not just nuts.

brian6373
09-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Also you might try figuring out part #s. Many parts look the same in a picture but fit different years and models.

K-Hawk
09-21-2012, 07:37 AM
set your reserve a tad on the high side then when a bid is close to it lower the reserve lower than your highest bid and bingo it's sold. You can also have a couple of friends start the bidding to keep it going. I am sure may people use these tactics now. Good Luck

sals54
09-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Sorry, I'm still not buyin' it.