The Day Is Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Day Is Here

Many of you have been following this adventure for some time now. In about 16 hours my bride will be coming down the aisle to become my wife. I just wanted to thank everyone for making this all possible. For those who donated parts and advice to help me resurrect the father of my bride's 49' Champion. Looks like it will be a success. She is very happy with the results. I have been working for four months straight to get her reassembled. Thanks you all. Want to send out a huge, special thanks to Matt Connor and Brian Kujah of Jefferson City, Mo for coming out to help me with some issues I had problems with. Also want to thank all if you whom are coming for the drive tomorrow from our wedding in honoring of her father who passed in febuary. He is dearly missed. Thank you everyone for your amazing support!

P.S. Happy International Drive Your Studebaker Day!!!!

Wishing you and your new boss (LOL) a long and happy life together Allen, from all of us in Australia.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Any couple that starts off in a Studebaker is off to a good start!

Congrats to both of you! May your always have safe roads, and a spare set of points, just in case.

Please share some pics when you get time, but we'll totally understand if you're a bit busy for a while.
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

If your marriage last as long as that Studebaker you'll be doing fine. Good luck and GOD bless

P.S marriage will greatly enhance your life. I know my wife and children have made me a better person. I can not, nor would I want to imagine my life with out them.

Comment

To: aj86,----My BEST WISHES go to You and Your Bride!

Comment

Our "getaway" car was my '63 R2 Hawk. Nobody even TRIED to catch us.....

Comment

The wedding was a huge success. Thanks you everyone who came out for our wedding. Hopefully someone got some pics of the cars in front of the church. Everything went as planned if not better. Thank you everyone. I will post pictures as soon as I receive them.

Comment

Yea! Whoopee! Congratulations!

Comment

We will be watching for the wedding pictures.
                  But for now, GET ON WITH THE HONEYMOON and forget a bout Studes for a while.
                  Good Roads
                  Brian & Sandi
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

What a great thing this was.
                    For you and your bride.
                    For the site.
                    Just a great and fun read.
                    I don't know about you but I sweat it out as time came near.
                    Many, many, many happy years to you both.
                    South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

My getaway car was my '62 GT. Sold the car. Still have the wife after 21 years.
                      KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Allen,
                        Congrats! I'm so glad I could have a little part in making it happen. Good luck to both of you, and have a great honeymoon, whenever and wherever that may be!
                        ~Matt Connor
                        '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Thanks everyone. We are in Destin, FL for the honeymoon. Having a great time sitting on the beach and doing nothing. This is awesome!!!! Be back home the 18th.

Comment

BTW: Matt I couldn't have ever done it without your help. Huge thanks to you. You were sweating your butt off the night the rear drums cam off. Thanks a lot.

Comment

We did find an old studebaker ad in an antique store that we bought from about 48' ish I think. Pretty cool. We had to have it.

Comment

Working...
                              X