Finishing an Oil Bath Air Breather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing an Oil Bath Air Breather

I have sand blasted the oil bath air cleaner I purchased on ebay and am now ready to finish it. The area which holds the oil was painted, but was also crudy and rusty before I blasted it, so I do know it was orginally painted. What paint steps would one take to insure that the paint is not effected by the oil after I put it back in place. Anyone have any experience in painting the inside[?]

I also noticed that there seems to be two Decals for United Air Bath. One says "fits most models with oil bath" and the other says "50 to 52". The first is $3.00 and the second one (the one I think I need) is $6.00. Any idea what the difference is, they look identical.

Regards,
    Jerry Johnson

quote: Any idea what the difference is, they look identical.
    Price? Other than that, I have not a clue...

Comment

I really can't answer your question regarding specific differences, but I know the United decal changed over the years. Back before the repro decals were available, I was thinking of reproducing it myself and copied the text down from air cleaners in junkyards. There were three or four different designs. I suspect the cheaper one has been firmly identified at being 50-52, while the specific years of the more expensive one remain TBD. I'm not an expert on judging, but a judge would REALLY have to be knowledgeable to dock you points for having the wrong United decal.

Skip Lackie
      Washington DC
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
      X