Another One Bites the Dust - Prayer Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another One Bites the Dust - Prayer Request

Brian Challender and Linda are active members of the Karel Staple Chapter. Linda has been seriously frail of late and was just beginning to show some improvement.

Thanks to a knucklehead that ran a red light, Brian has a sprained hand and Linda has broken 2 vertibrae in her back and after a few days in hospital is now home in a body brace and a lot of pain. Please lift up Linda and Brian in your prayers.

Their 63 Cruiser is totalled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Feb2012 081.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1736343 Click image for larger version

Name:	Rosie2.jpg
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1736344 Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 044.jpg
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1736345
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

'Sure sorry to read this from many angles, Jon.

All the best to them. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for letting us know. We are glad to hear they are relatively okay and home. Card out today to them.
      Perry
      \'50 Business Champion
      \'50 Starlight Champion
      \'60 Lark Convertible,
      \'63 GT R1,
      \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Two very nice people and club members hope they heal in a hurry and as for the cruiser one tough car sure we can find a replacement maybe a hawk this time, take care Brian and Linda and get well soon call if you need any thing....Bob
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Thank You! Linda's getting a little better every day. We're planning on putting our Lark back together again. We loved driving our "Studie", and having people give us a "thumbs up"or saying "great car". I keep thinking of the line from that old T.V. show Six Million Dollar Man, "We can rebuild him, better than before". I've read on the forum about some guys putting in shoulder strap anchors and thought : NOT ORIGINAL. I've changed my mind about that. No one would have been hurt if our car had been equipped with them. When we get our car back on the road I'm putting in a better restaining system. If your going to drive on todays roads, in todays traffic, I think some up-grades are in order. I plan on driving our Studebaker, not showing it, so I really don't care if it didn't come from Southbend that way. A special thanks to all the Studebaker people who have helped us, and proven once again that Studebaker people are the best and nicest people you will ever know.

Thanks Again!

Brian

Comment

Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery from upstate South Carolina headed your way! Get well soon. We will all be pulling for you to get the car back good as new. Any plans for an alternate in the mean time? Keep us up to date when you feel like it.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by brian6373 View Post
              Thank You! Linda's getting a little better every day. We're planning on putting our Lark back together again.
              You saw the post from Bob Petersen. He's probably got everything you need to get it back together, including another frame if yours is bent.

Are you up to the drive this Saturday? I'm sure you could find someone around your parts to give you a ride if you want to go. If you want to drive a brand X to Dixon, I'll be glad to take you along in the truck. I'll be going by myself so there's room for Linda too, if she's up to it. She doesn't take up but half a space anyway....

Getting better is the most important so, if you need to stay home and take care of her, we all would understand.

We've been praying for Linda for a while now anyway. We might just as well keep praying.
              Romans 8:28
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Car looks fixable; I just hope that Brian and Linda heal up good...........
                --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Very sorry to hear of Brian and Linda's accident. I wish them well and get healed soon.

The Car looks quite repairable, the worst part would be pulling the left frame rail back to spec as it probably is bent. The good news is it's fixable.

I believe we have a NOS cowl top from the pinchweld up to the Roof if needed.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for all your prayers and kind wishes. It's been a week and three days since the collision and Linda's improving a little each day. She has a clamshell brace on her, and is able to walk a little now. We'll have to wait before starting repair work until the insurance company lets me know what the buy-back is. I'll let everyone know the details of the damage when we pull off the sheet metal and can asses the damage better. I don't think I'll be going on the IDYSD ride, as I have to do all the stuff around here that my better half normally does. But, thanks anyway. Thanks to all for your support, it's good to know that your all pulling for us.

Brian

Comment

Have just taken a moment to bow my head and ask the Lord to Bless this family and wrap His arms around them in order that they heal rapidly.
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Brain Linda soooo glad you are getting better. This is the first I've heard of your accident you are in our prayes.

Comment

Very happy to know that Linda is improving each day. We will keep you both in our prayers. I will gladly pitch and help with repairs on the Cruiser if you are able to do that.
                          Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA
                          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Wow! So sorry to hear about this. Positive thoughts heading your way. 3-point seat belts - YES! Get well soon - all three of you.
                            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I know its not close to you but I have a frame from a 65 Cruiser that is yours for free. It will require a few able bodied persons to carry it out where it is since the access is too narrow for a trailer. The frame is located in Lomita, Calif (next to South Torrance).
                              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                              64 Zip Van
                              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
                              X