Truck is at 4:50 or so....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stude Truck At Mirimar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1736335

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Oh my goodness. Too cool man......
    TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

That was outstanding! Looks like a great resting place and some neat yard art
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Very cool!
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Jeez,

He's spooked by that little flock of crows he should be here in Kenmore at dusk any night of the week. We have a crow rookery in the woods nearby and they start arriving about an hour before sunset and the sky gets almost black around here at dusk sometimes.

Cool truck. Bet one of you is already researching that plate number with California DOV in order to locate the owner.
          Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
          Kenmore, Washington
          hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
          '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
          '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
          '69 Pontiac Firebird
          (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

That's just down the road from me. I've never been to the Miramar landfill, but I've been to the air base nearby quite a bit for the fall airshows.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
              Jeez,

He's spooked by that little flock of crows he should be here in Kenmore at dusk any night of the week. We have a crow rookery in the woods nearby and they start arriving about an hour before sunset and the sky gets almost black around here at dusk
              a "flock" is correctly called a "murder of crows". maybe he thought he would be a victim!
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

And a group of baboons is correctly called "a congress!" Go figure.

At any rate...if it's in Miramar, Dave probably left it there.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
                  Jeez,

Cool truck. Bet one of you is already researching that plate number with California DOV in order to locate the owner.
                  The truck is a 2R with a later hood. And for the record, the plate number indicates it as a passenger car plate issued around 1977. It could not have been issued to that truck. The plate was originally blue with yellow numbers. Somebody has repainted it with the 1956-62 California plate colors. You can see a little of the blue paint where the yellow is peeling off.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

re: the license plate - Mr. L: you are correct, sir!!!

i think i was paying too much attention to the old Corona bottle.
                    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

'Looks like the truck might have been used by a nefarious Studebaker Parts vendor...I mean, Country Blend Compost Company has distinct possibilities as to used parts sales, negotiations, and tall tales.

Seriously, very cool. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

To: rockne10,-------- I have no problem understanding why a group of baboons might be called 'a congress'!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Skip Lackie;677291]The truck is a 2R with a later hood. And for the record, the plate number indicates it as a passenger car plate issued around 1977. It could not have been issued to that truck./Cut/QUOTE]

Actually the last I checked in Calif. Skip, you can register a truck as a car or a housecar using standard "Car" type numbering, you just cannot be caught using it for hauling anything or Commercial purposes. So for Camping, general Transportation it's fine, and costs a LOT less than paying Commercial rates.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

[QUOTE=StudeRich;677374]
                            Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                            The truck is a 2R with a later hood. And for the record, the plate number indicates it as a passenger car plate issued around 1977. It could not have been issued to that truck./Cut/QUOTE]

Actually the last I checked in Calif. Skip, you can register a truck as a car or a housecar using standard "Car" type numbering, you just cannot be caught using it for hauling anything or Commercial purposes. So for Camping, general Transportation it's fine, and costs a LOT less than paying Commercial rates.
                            True, but that's a relatively recent development. The trend to allow passenger plates on privately owned trucks started in the 1980s and changed the laws in many states. I don't know when it became legal in Calif, but it would not have been possible in California in 1977 when that particular plate and number were first issued. And under Calif's YOM law, that plate would not be legal on a 2R truck (no matter what color the plate had been painted!).
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

Is that truck 4 wheel drive? Steve
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X