IDYSD 2012 cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDYSD 2012 cancelled?

Geez, I leave for 5 months, come back and it appears the SDC has literally fallen apart! And now with only 10 days before the biggest event of the SDC calendar year this Forum is one of the least used of all the Forums.

What’s going on …or more to the point …what’s NOT going on???
    Last edited by Welcome; 08-29-2012, 06:33 PM.

I don't think so!

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Good to have you back, Jim!!

IDYSD is still going to happen it's just that this year has been a little crazy as far as planning it. I talked with Carl Thomason earlier this week and he put me in charge of this again, Matt Burnette wanted to step down as chairman of the event. This year I encourage all of you to get out and drive your cars and promote the SDC as much as possible. As of right now I've appointed two other people to aid me with planning and for next year there will be a lot more information posted. If anybody has any questions, drop me a line.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
        NOT going on???
        I am not too sure what you are talking about...

So far we have nearly 60 advance registrations in for our event!!!
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...m-WA.&p=671021
        Our 'meet' hotel sold out the block of rooms we had reserved.

We are at T-Minus nine days~ the excitement is begining to build...

We're gonna have all sorts of fun on this end!!!
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I'll be running the roads of Western Maine that day, looking for like-minded drivers.
          Sue

Comment

NOT going on???
            Well...at the risk of launching a flaming arrow back your way...the only thing NOT going on was...YOU!

Somehow, the SDC has managed to limp along in your absence.

Welcome back! Ugh...er...Mr. Welcome.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I will be driving my 1948 Champion around Pontiac, IL with most trips to the Route 66 Hall of Fame & Museum.
              I hope to see many of you there.

Comment

It's alive and well and while I'll be away in Virgina working I have my 61 Champ stashed there and plan to drive it to a cruise no less in Appomattox VA on the most important Stude Day on the calender - IDYSD 2012!!
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Geez, I leave for 5 months, come back and it appears the SDC has literally fallen apart! And now with only 10 days before the biggest event of the SDC calendar year this Forum is one of the least used of all the Forums.

What’s going on …or more to the point …what’s NOT going on???

Always nice to have you around to stir the pot. IDYSD is September 8th. Studebaker owners are going to be driving their Studebakers. That about sums it up.

After several months of trying to get it done, Chris Dresbach is the new Chairman of the event. It needed to go to someone more enthused, and less burnt out than me.

In the spirit of things, I'll be driving over to North Carolina for the Tri State Meet to deliver some stainless, and might take the '51 out when I get home that night.

Chris, you're gonna do well with this. Ignore the bad apples and run with it. There's a lot of potential here for something really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                    Good to have you back, Jim!!

IDYSD is still going to happen it's just that this year has been a little crazy as far as planning it. I talked with Carl Thomason earlier this week and he put me in charge of this again, Matt Burnette wanted to step down as chairman of the event. This year I encourage all of you to get out and drive your cars and promote the SDC as much as possible. As of right now I've appointed two other people to aid me with planning and for next year there will be a lot more information posted. If anybody has any questions, drop me a line.
                    Chris, so glad you stepped up to take reigns on this event. We are looking forward to your ideas and leadership. As has been posted, the 2012 event has far from fallen off the radar. We have a webpage promoting the event that even as basic media resources (a news release I wrote and the logo). The event has been promoted several times this year in Turning Wheels. We have promoted chapter involvement several times via the SDC Communique (a monthly marketing email blast to chapter presidents and newsletter editors) in which chapters were provided with the logo, a printable flyer and a news release they can customize with their own event details for their local media. The only thing that was really missing was a tee shirt this year, which is a shame but too much other stuff going on and too little time. It is encouraging that there will now be others involved to git 'r done.
                    sigpic
                    Bob Shaw
                    Rush City, Minnesota
                    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Chris , whats happening around the SB area on that day....I will be in town that weekend .
                      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by BShaw View Post
                        We have promoted chapter involvement several times via the SDC Communique (a monthly marketing email blast to chapter presidents and newsletter editors) in which chapters were provided with the logo, a printable flyer and a news release they can customize with their own event details for their local media.
                        How do I get in on that Bob?
                        I'm not aware of anyone in my Chapter getting it.
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                        SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC
                        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                          How do I get in on that Bob?
                          I'm not aware of anyone in my Chapter getting it.
                          Both you as prez and your newsletter editor should be getting the Communique email. Typically at the end of the month (though circumstances are delaying me for a few days his month).

I have sent a confirmation request to the person who has the database we use to make sure you and your editor are in it and if email addresses are correct. The lack of a SINGLE SDC central database for chapter information continues to be a source of anguish when trying to accomplish these types of initiatives. I am hopeful that someday the code will be cracked in that regard. Until then, we just have to keep trying fix things after the fact. Anyway, when I learn something I will send you an email.
                          sigpic
                          Bob Shaw
                          Rush City, Minnesota
                          1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                          "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

For IDYSD .... I'll be showing my Avanti in a very large local Mustang, OK car show. This weekend here in Mustang, OK is the Mustang Club of America Grand National and next weekend on the 8th the "Western Days" Stampede 2012 car show is hosted by the Oklahoma Mustang Club and they have open categories for other makes. I'd like to have some printed fact sheets on the Studebaker Avanti to hand out if anyone knows of a source.

Thanks, John
                            sigpic
                            John
                            63R-2386
                            Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Ours has turned into a 3 day event drawing people and cars from all over. One of the largest Studebaker Museums always draws a crowd.

Day 1: Meet, greet, drives and gatherings, party. Studebakers only.

Day 2: DYSD Probably the largest group in the world driving around NW Washington, Party. Studebakers only.

Day 3: http://www.zvents.com/ferndale_wa/ev...assic-car-show Any auto make is welcome this day.

This event gets bigger and better every year. Its like a second Zone Meet for us!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X