What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think?

What do you think, can this 60 Hawk can be saved with a little body filler and paint.

I guess this is what happens when you leave these things out in the rain a little too long.

nibbs53
    Last edited by nibbs53; 08-28-2012, 09:04 AM. Reason: Reason. Bad grammar bad grammar.

Aw, just a little Lark Shine™ will fix that right up! YOu might tear up a few buffer pads in the process, though

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Unless you do the work yourself, you will have a LOT more in it, then buying a car from the west coast or the desert. A $1500 shipping charge vs $45.00 per labor hour, doesn't take long to eat that up.

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

Good morning Jim. This is a West Coast car. They do rust just like on the East Coast.

nibbs53

Comment

What is that heater under drivers seat? I got a 1962 Hawk from Calif. with the same one.

Comment

Just start rebuilding from around the underseat heater and work your way out. No big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by TMAN0950 View Post
              What is that heater under drivers seat? I got a 1962 Hawk from Calif. with the same one.
              All Hawks had the heater under the seat. Only the defroster is on the firewall.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post

Terry
                Look closer, Terry,....the heater WITH the fan, is actually on the Drivers side. The picture after is on the passengers side.

Dan Miller
                Auburn, GA
                Last edited by ROADRACELARK; 08-28-2012, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Well...if you save the air around the rust...brace every thing precicely...take careful measurements...you can cut, weld, hammer, and bolt fresh new metal in its place. Your only limitation is talent, time, patience...and, of course...money! For this particular example...I'm afraid I am lacking a sufficient quantity of those assets.
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Li'l Bondo on 'er, especially the frame.... be like new!

Comment

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
                      That is the optional auxiliary heater on the driver's side.

Craig

Comment

With enough MONEY - anything man made can be "rebuilt".
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's amazing that it's still standing. Looks like it's been sitting in salt water with all that rust.
                          Rog
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I've got "California Cars" that are virtually rust free. Then there's examples like this Hawk that set too close to the coast and responded to the salt sea air. Most California cars ARE NOT like this. In spite of what some "experts" might proclaim. <Edit to add that last comment>
                            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
                              Unless you do the work yourself, you will have a LOT more in it, then buying a car from the west coast or the desert. A $1500 shipping charge vs $45.00 per labor hour, doesn't take long to eat that up.

Jim
                              $45 an hour is cheap. Our shop in MN is at $52 and there are those here charging $55.

Comment

Working...
                              X