PDA

View Full Version : Bed Bugs

lynn fletcher
08-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Did anyone else encounter Bed Bugs at the Double Tree Inn ?
We sure did in room 710, Reported them to the Manager and filed an insurance claim on Thursday of our stay. Have followed up with Doctor reports on me and my Mom with the hotel after wer got home. Confirming the Bed Bug bites with both photos and blood tests. Have not had a responce from the Hotel at this time. Will contact the St Joseph County Health Dept next. Thanx

studegary
08-24-2012, 02:48 PM
I have never liked that hotel. I am glad that I stayed at the Inn at Saint Mary's. The room and the help were very nice there.

BobPalma
08-24-2012, 03:59 PM
'Don't know about Double Tree, but Gary's appraisal of Inn at St. Mary's is spot-on.

Inn at St. Mary's was one of the nicest hotels/motels in which I've ever stayed; first-rate and super nice in every regard. :!!: BP

jclary
08-24-2012, 05:03 PM
These bed bug reports started about two or three years ago. Ever since then, my wife has packed a flashlight. Every time we have checked into a motel...she insists that I pull the mattress back and give them a thorough going over.:eek:

More reason to investigate the possibility of a motor home. At least we'd have an opportunity to travel with the "bugs we know!":rolleyes::)

Pat Dilling
08-24-2012, 10:39 PM
No problem with bed bugs for us on the 4th floor. I did get pretty tired of cold showers. Finally called and complained on Saturday, they apologized and comped our last nights room charge which I appreciated. The lack of hot water was my only serious complaint. I did like having the parking garage, especially after hearing about the thunderstorm and hail.

Sam Ensley
08-24-2012, 10:59 PM
We had no problems with the Double Tree. We were able to stay a night longer than we had reserved at the same Studebaker Club rate. We were on the fifth-floor.

2moredoors
08-25-2012, 07:40 AM
We had a good time at the Double Tree, even had breakfast buffet every morning and in conversation with the "server' she told us her last name (before marriage) was Studebaker. She was probably one of the most attentive and friendly servers I have ever met. We were on the 5th floor, no bed bugs and because we asked they brought us a small fridge in which to keep cold drinks.
The noise and dust was not at all fun.

BShaw
08-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Gee, I was also on the 7th floor. No apparent bites but the in-room Internet sucked big time, as in non-existent...until the day I left when it magically started working fine. Other than having to do all my computer work in the lobby I enjoyed the stay.

2moredoors
08-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Gee, Internet sucked big time, as in non-existent...until the day I left when it magically started working fine. Other than having to do all my computer work in the lobby I enjoyed the stay.
When we checked internet was a problem and they move us from the 6th to 5th floor. As Bob said around the lobby you could receive internet no problem. By the end of the week all the hotel had WiFi. They had just upgraded.