What year stude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year stude?

On the roadside, way out of town, I was driving along, and look what I found.

what year is this?

If only you had taken a picture of the grill. Closest I can come is '47-'49 Champion. Is that a Packard or President on the other side?
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Ya I think that be a 57 Packard.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I'm not sure of the year but, that's my brother in law's old Stude, Fo sure !! It's still leaning to the right..

Comment

Let's make it easy. Here's the front shot. By the way, the one on the other side is a 58 Starlight with a 56 front end,

Comment

From the side-view it is a process of elimination. Hood ornament says 48-49. Bumper says 47-48. So '48 it is.

Then with the front view it is confirmed with the grille. 1948 7G (Champion)
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

if it's solid and the engine runs, is it worth $300?

Comment

Absolutely! Question is, got the time, energy and money to restore a four door Champion? Maybe sell it for 30% on the dollar? Just fixing what needs fixed and enjoying the rat would be fun. It can be parted out for more than $300 with proper energy and advertising.
                We can only save them all if we choose to do so. Pass them on to the next generation, since we can't take them with us.

Tex, I thought you were divesting, not investing.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I am kinda intrested in the 58 an I think they are gonna go as a pair. I do need to sell some stuff rather than buy more. It's hard gittin' old and having to realize you can't do what you used to. AND, time is gonna run out with too many projects,

Comment

Working...
                  X