Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Deep Pockets? '29 Roadster

says: "1 of 3 known to exist"...
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

I can't even afford the $50.00 video to look at it. LOL

Comment

Leno needs a Studebaker in the BIG DOG garage. This would be a good one for him.
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I wonder if they take Mastercard.
        Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
          I wonder if they take Mastercard.
          Rog
          Depends on the limits of the card. In my case, I'd need about 8 debt-free cards! I've driven a number of cars like this - Caddys and Packards mostly - and they are fun to drive. But this is some rich guy's toy. If you were worried about it's 400 pt potential, you wouldn't be able to enjoy it as a car. And for me - buying someone else's work (assuming you'd buy it to win trophies with) is hardly something to puff my chest out about!
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

As much as I would like to have a pre war Studebaker, if I had that kind of money I would buy several really nice post war models. Of course, that's not going to happen anyway.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I believe that car was found in a orchard in Ontario Canada & was restored by Ray Martin a forum member, he sold it a long time ago I lost track of it.
              2R5 is friends with Ray & he may be able to confirm my suspicions
              Last edited by kmul221; 08-23-2012, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kmul221 View Post
                I believe that car was found in a orchard in Ontario Canada & was restored by Ray Martin a forum member, he sold it a long time ago I lost track of it.
                2R5 is friends with Ray & he may be able to confirm my suspicions
                Yes, it is the car that Ray restored. Much detailing has been done to it since he sold it.
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Got DeepPockets? 29Roadster

Yes I bought that car in 1985 after it had been in a field for 40 years It took 5 years to restore,it took 1st or Best of Show at nearly every show I entered it in i ncluding Best of Show where there were over 2000 cars at a show near Rochester NY that was sponsered by a Ford Dealer.One of the cars I should never have sold.

Comment

Ray,

It's certainly none of my business, but I'd love to hear what you paid for it - out of an orchard.
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I paid $350.00 for it,but dont ask me what it cost to restore. it. was a lot because there were various items such as doors and hood that had to be totally remade. Overall though it was a car I did not loose any money on. It is not like today,I am trying to sell a 66 Daytona for $14,000 and if it sells I will loose about $8,000.00

Comment

Further to the above,this car won Best of Division at Lancaster,Cedar Rapids, and Springfield International Meet in 2011.It was also on Display at the 2011 Indie 500 Meet as a replica 1929 Pace Car.

Comment

Working...
                        X