Proving Grounds video on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proving Grounds video on Facebook

Well, after a couple weeks of trying to figure out how to get my Proving Grounds video online where everyone can see it (with miserably little success!), I finally managed to get the first five minutes out of 20 uploaded onto my Facebook page. I know many don't want to do Facebook (me neither) but I couldn't figure out how to get it into Photobucket; MovieMaker shows it but PB can't find it. So, that's where we're at.

I don't know if everyone can see it or just FB "friends", but it's there, along with a few pictures and videos of our race car. I guess, just search for my name (it's under Bob Andrews). Let me know if you can/can't see it; if not, send a friend request and we'll try that. Good luck, after all that computer nonsense I'm going to bed
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

<<SIGH>> I just watched the video from my FB page. If you click to make it full-screen, the stunning clarity the GoPro camera gives is lost; the video in full-screen is fantastic, but through FB it's grainy. On top of that, some have not had any luck accessing it on FB. I don't know if you need to be 'friended', or what.

So, I don't think I'll bother posting the rest of the segments. I'll have to go back to trying to find somebody who will take the card and upload the video on YouTube or somewhere else. Back to the drawing board.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Can you not upload it to youtube? You'd get more world wide exposure there than facebook
      TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

I was able to view it on Facebook (thanks for the Friend add). I was impressed with how stable the camera was, did not try to view in full screen. Thanks for posting it.

Pat
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Yes, Pat, that's the magic of the GoPro. You can see some videos from our racecar on my page too. Also, I made a fixture to fasten the camera to the car, with the ability to rotate it 360 degrees. The result was a rock-steady video. Wish I had a better way to share.

My problem is, most of my computers are too old to handle video, especially HD. My home computer is new and works just fine, but due to lack of cable on my road I'm on an air card, which cannot handle it. The weekend house in Oswego has cable, but old computers, including three laptops all over 5 years old and working fine except for little to no video card. The answer is a new laptop for the lake; but our racing season is about done, so there will be no need for it till next May, and by then there may be something much better with Windows 8 on it; so between now and then I'll be watching and learning and will buy one in the next 7 or 8 months, so that next year we can watch the video at the track and immediately upload it. And all this assumes we'll be racing next year. That's likely, but still not definite. So, here I sit in this weird limbo for now.

TDITS- YouTube was my first choice, but see above. I tried to upload it, but with my air card it said 1400 minutes- that's almost 23 1/2 hours! So no, that won't work.

What I need is someone to whom I can mail the SD card that has the computer, the skills, the broadband, and the will to upload it to YouTube. If any of you fit this description, please PM me. I'd love to get the video up and available for everybody!
          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
          X