The Lark is all put back together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lark is all put back together

I finished my Lark a few weeks ago. I know the hubcaps are not correct, but I was never too keen on the 63 hubcaps with the painted white circles. Also, It's a Regal, but I added the Custom side trim because I like that little bit of extra flair. Thanks Bob Peterson for finding that trim for me. I did everything myself, except the stainless straightening and polishing, Thanks go out to Matthew for that. The car runs great, last night my Wife and I loaded up our dog and just cruised around with no particular place to go. Now I've got to get cracking on the Hawk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0673[1].jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1736297Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0676[1].jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1736296
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0674[1].jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1736295
    Steve
    Buckeye, Arizona

1960 Hawk R2 4 speed project

Looks really good.....enjoy !
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

A fine job. The full covers add to the good looks of the car. Many cars are made but very few, if any, come with all the parts that we as buyers, owners and drivers would choose if we could order anything the factory could supply. At this late date we build them as we like, especially if includes parts that could have at one time been sourced from the Studebaker bins. Back in the day I wouldn't doubt that if you asked the right person many parts that weren't on the option list for your car could have been added or deleted, at a cost no doubt. Wheel covers would be an easy option.

Comment

I love that part about cruising around with no particular place to go. I used to love doing that. Just enjoy the car and let others see it. Heads will definitely turn as you drive past.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Lookin' good. Nice to see her getting some love.
          Travis..

Comment

Your Lark Regal looks great Steve! I also do not like the look of my Regal 2 Dr., I like both the window stainless Mouldings and the body side Mouldings on the Custom way better.

The Wheel Covers look fine, they look like '62 Hawk style.
            I can always spot a Stude. with "other" type wheels, these really poke out in the fenders a lot, are they Chrysler or Ford?
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Darned handsome Studebaker!
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Your Lark Regal looks great Steve! I also do not like the look of my Regal 2 Dr., I like both the window stainless Mouldings and the body side Mouldings on the Custom way better.

The Wheel Covers look fine, they look like '62 Hawk style.
                I can always spot a Stude. with "other" type wheels, these really poke out in the fenders a lot, are they Chrysler or Ford?
                Good eye - They are Chrysler wheels off of a 70's Dodge Magnum 2 door.
                Steve
                Buckeye, Arizona

1960 Hawk R2 4 speed project

Comment

Really nice job. You must be incredibly proud. Enjoy the ride.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                  X