Missing e's crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing e's crisis

In less than a week, I have observed TWO cases of edited posts due to a "missing e". This really concerns me. I don't know if it is due to poor internet connections, dirty keyboards, lazy fingers, or deliberate e-napping. But I DO know that it must stop.

I want everyone to check their cables. Make sure they are connected at BOTH ends.

As responsible computer owner/operators, we should all have cans of compressed air with which to clean the insides of our keyboards. If you do NOT have a can of compressed air, then immediately take your computer to the garage and use the air compressor with which you air up you Studebaker tires.

If you have lazy fingers, you should be ashamed. No excuse for this. Bend, curl, straighten. Very simple.

If there is an e-napper out there, BEWARE!! If I catch you, you will be sorry. Thr will b no mrcy for th -nappr.

The most common computer keyboarding error I have found is this:

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
    /Cut/If you do NOT have a can of compressed air, then immediately take your computer to the garage and use the air compressor with which you air up you Studebaker tires./Cut/

LOL!!! The "R" napper strikes way more often!!!!!!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-19-2012, 05:19 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I guess that you are referring to me. When I edit a post I try to leave the reason for the edit by either starting new material with "EDIT" or including the reason in the reason box. People that do neither of these things leave us with no way of knowing what was changed in the post.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I have checked all my connections and examined my computer. It is not on my end.

However, I have heard a rumor that there is a problem of "runaway" letters! These mischievous letters usually wait until you have been enjoying your favorite adult beverage. While you are pouring and sipping...they begin to slip away.

The mystery is, that after you have had a good long nap...even better if you get a good night sleep, they seem to reappear.

Cork the bottle, get some sleep, and let us know in the morning.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I am pretty thrifty with my letter e. To be honest, the main reason is I want to live a life of eees.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I know for a fact there is a person or persons who steal urls!
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              I guess that you are referring to me. When I edit a post I try to leave the reason for the edit by either starting new material with "EDIT" or including the reason in the reason box. People that do neither of these things leave us with no way of knowing what was changed in the post.
              And that is important why?
              Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
              jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
                And that is important why?
                So that we don't have to analyze the post to determine if some material point has been changed. When a post is edited, it does not move the post to the top nor does it highlight what has been changed. Perhaps the poster changed "facts" or his opinion in the post. We no longer have the original post to compare the edited version with.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  So that we don't have to analyze the post to determine if some material point has been changed. When a post is edited, it does not move the post to the top nor does it highlight what has been changed. Perhaps the poster changed "facts" or his opinion in the post. We no longer have the original post to compare the edited version with.
                  Excelllent point.
                  A good reason to 'reply with quote' instead of just 'reply'.
                  The original post should stand 'as is'....
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

If you do NOT have a can of compressed air, then immediately take your computer to the garage and use the air compressor with which you air up you Studebaker tires.
                    This is not a good idea. I am in the computer business, and we never use any more than about 15 PSI on keyboards. If you use higher pressure, it will get under the keys and blow them right off! Of course, you can put them back on, if you can remember where they all go. Use your vacuum cleaner in blow mode. Works a lot better.

Comment

I most particularly hate when someone starts a thread and, after determining their post was in haste or their question has been addressed, they delete their initial post. Topic is now "Moderator, please delete." In the meantime, responses have been made and we have no idea what the original intent was.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

(post anywhere you want about anything)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                          Excelllent point.
                          A good reason to 'reply with quote' instead of just 'reply'.
                          The original post should stand 'as is'....
                          I used to be a mod (and later an adimn) at a site that was a hotbed for fierce debate. (The site was specifically for discussion of religion and politics. Talk about a volcano!) At this site, we instituted a 10 minute policy. For the first 10 minutes the post was up, you could go in, correct any typos that resulted from your blinding rage from the last person who insulted your God and your political leader and drove you to smash out 15,000 characters of nonsensical retort. After a post was 10 minutes old, the forum software took away the "edit" box, so you could no longer edit the thing. It worked really well, actually. When it comes to timeout locks on editing posts, I've never had a problem with that concept.
                          Last edited by JimC; 08-19-2012, 10:16 PM. Reason: 6 Missing e's
                          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

By th way,

When I saw this thread, I immediately thought of the back of my 63 lark. The gentleman who did the bodywork on the car before I owned it had to patch and re-drill the holes for the letters that spell out Studebaker on the back. It was hot out, and he had (by his own confession) a good number of adult beverages, and when he punched the hole for the "E" the car was transformed from a Studebaker to a STUDEBAKER
                            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                              The most common computer keyboarding error I have found is this:

LOL!!! The "R" napper strikes way more often!!!!!!

OMG! LOL! Cut by my own knife. How humble must I now be.......................

Comment

Working...
                              X