'62 Hawk GT Front Fender Running Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: '62 Hawk GT Front Fender Running Lights

My light is out on the top fender plastic light. From inside the fender, there are two wires going up to the assembly, one of them has a nut on it. Removing the nut does not free up the light. How do I go about changing the light or gaining further access to the light assembly? Thanks

Plastic fender spears were not lighted on the '62 GT Hawks. It was probably a modification from a previous owner.
    Peter Bishop

Comment

What Peter said. 63-64 were lighted, but not 62's.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Do you have the pot metal trim with the spear off the fender? If not just two nuts hold it on. My 62 Hawk
        had CASO spears (home made)on it and siliconed in place but there were two screws and a thin metal plate holding, what the silicone missed after that no wires were found. I like the idea of lighting the spears up. 66 TBirds did this as well.

Comment

I only felt one nut underneath but studeluvr since you say there are two I will check again. Didn't know that the '62 didn't come with them. Someone added them on later, wow! Thanks for the tip.

Comment

There should be a rubber gasket under the spear, it often sticks the spear to the fender if it hasn't been removed in a while. Some gentle prying may be required to take it off.

Comment

The front nut is up and slightly hidden by the headlight bucket. Makes it a little hard to get to with big hands, and undercoating that has been sprayed under the fenders.

Comment

Working...
              X