2 Golden Hawks at Mecum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Golden Hawks at Mecum

White and Gold sits at 31k on "Bid Goes On" If anyone wants personal observations of car, email me off the board. Gold and white sold no reserve for 33k, which I felt was too low. I talked to the owner and confirmed it was previous Sequoia Chapter member Bob Patrick's car a few owners ago. It sold at Barrett Jackson 5 years ago at about 55k. I remember the car from many years ago and it was and still is a good solid car. Someone got a deal.
    My first car on the road again!

The old girl has never been sold to the public
    Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
    My dad: 1959-70

sigpic

Me: Since 1970 and counting!

Yep, good old Mecums Chevrolet auction. I'm surprised anyone would bring a Studebaker into such a partisan crowd and expect to get what its worth. I try to watch the program but after you have seen one Corvette you have seen them all and there seems to be an endless stream at these auctions. I can't believe Stude owners would be so dissatified they would be lined up to sell there cars as these Corvette and Camaro owners are. Painful to watch to say the least.

Comment

Especially painful for the gold one to have no reserve and see the low price. Mecum does have an R2 Avanti coming up soon with less than 10k miles. It looks amazing.

Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirkdob View Post
        White and Gold sits at 31k on "Bid Goes On" If anyone wants personal observations of car, email me off the board. Gold and white sold no reserve for 33k, which I felt was too low. I talked to the owner and confirmed it was previous Sequoia Chapter member Bob Patrick's car a few owners ago. It sold at Barrett Jackson 5 years ago at about 55k. I remember the car from many years ago and it was and still is a good solid car. Someone got a deal.
        Bob Patrick's gold and white is on the cover of one of the books that has been out for years by Aimsworth I think , I have it here some place if you have not seen it Kirk you should find a copy, car in question has the California blue plates on it.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          Bob Patrick's gold and white is on the cover of one of the books that has been out for years by Aimsworth I think , I have it here some place if you have not seen it Kirk you should find a copy, car in question has the California blue plates on it.
          Seller had the book with him along with paperwork with Bob's name.The car has CA Blue plates 57 GH. It's Bob's old car. I don't know who bought it.

The white one has still not sold. It's lot F32 on the Mecum Monterey 2012 website. Sitting at 31k.

sigpic

Comment

Is Bob still around?
            Lou Van Anne
            62 Champ
            64 R2 GT Hawk
            79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
              Is Bob still around?
              I was wondering the same thing.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X