61 Lark fender question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 Lark fender question

Go to this site's main page and join the Studebaker Drivers Club. It will only cost you $19.95 for the first year. You will get 12 monthly publications, Turning Wheels, with a lot of information on vendors,etc. You might want to buy the back issue of Turning Wheels that has the Fred K. Fox feature article on 1961 Larks. Best wishes on your '61 Lark, I have owned several.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Go to this site's main page and join the Studebaker Drivers Club. It will only cost you $19.95 for the first year. You will get 12 monthly publications, Turning Wheels, with a lot of information on vendors,etc. You might want to buy the back issue of Turning Wheels that has the Fred K. Fox feature article on 1961 Larks. Best wishes on your '61 Lark, I have owned several.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

61 Lark fender question

Hi, I am new here. My husband and I just purchased a 61 Lark 2 door over the weekend. It's in pretty good shape but we are in need of new front fenders for it. Does anyone know of somewhere we could order them?

Also, does anyone know of a website where we can type in the VIN number on the car to find out more info about the car?

This is an awesome site - thanks in advance for the info!!

Robin

Comment

Hello and welcome! You've come to the right place for information about your Lark. Unfortunately, front fenders for 61s are rather hard to come by. The best place to look would be on Ebay. I think they might have been repopped in Fiberglass. If so, I'm sure someone here will chime in.

As far as the VIN goes, there's a lot that can be deduced from those numbers if you'd care to post them. However there is no website where you can look up the VIN number on a Studebaker. The best thing to do would be to order the build sheet from the Studeabaker National Museum. You'll find the link on the main page. They can tell you everything about your car, the date it was built, the options it came with, and where it ended up. A wealth of information. Also, I'd suggest purchasing a set of shop manuals for the car. They'll tell you have to take it apart piece by piece if you felt like it.[8D]

Comment

Hello and welcome! You've come to the right place for information about your Lark. Unfortunately, front fenders for 61s are rather hard to come by. The best place to look would be on Ebay. I think they might have been repopped in Fiberglass. If so, I'm sure someone here will chime in.

As far as the VIN goes, there's a lot that can be deduced from those numbers if you'd care to post them. However there is no website where you can look up the VIN number on a Studebaker. The best thing to do would be to order the build sheet from the Studeabaker National Museum. You'll find the link on the main page. They can tell you everything about your car, the date it was built, the options it came with, and where it ended up. A wealth of information. Also, I'd suggest purchasing a set of shop manuals for the car. They'll tell you have to take it apart piece by piece if you felt like it.[8D]

Comment

This is the place to find out about your Lark. Post the serial number from the front door post (it was not really a VIN) and there is a body tag on the firewall under the hood on the passenger side. Post those numbers and lots of folks here can give you a lot of info about your car.

A picture would be nice too, if you can figure out how to post them. If you can't, we can help you there also.

And WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

By the way, my Mother bought a 61 Lark new and I used to drive it back in the day.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

This is the place to find out about your Lark. Post the serial number from the front door post (it was not really a VIN) and there is a body tag on the firewall under the hood on the passenger side. Post those numbers and lots of folks here can give you a lot of info about your car.

A picture would be nice too, if you can figure out how to post them. If you can't, we can help you there also.

And WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

By the way, my Mother bought a 61 Lark new and I used to drive it back in the day.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Hello, and welcome from a Lark fanatic!

Don't be too quick to give up on the fenders! The rust in these is very common, therefore they are hard to find, and pricey when you do... If the car is in "pretty good shape" the fenders are likely repairable fairly easily. I have fixed a few by welding in patches; this is a relatively simple job (as rust patching jobs go!).

I believe someone makes repair panels for these that are pre-formed to simplify repair. I don't know who as I've never needed any.

Can you post some pics of the car? We promise to look at the rust for you!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Hello, and welcome from a Lark fanatic!

Don't be too quick to give up on the fenders! The rust in these is very common, therefore they are hard to find, and pricey when you do... If the car is in "pretty good shape" the fenders are likely repairable fairly easily. I have fixed a few by welding in patches; this is a relatively simple job (as rust patching jobs go!).

I believe someone makes repair panels for these that are pre-formed to simplify repair. I don't know who as I've never needed any.

Can you post some pics of the car? We promise to look at the rust for you!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I think the 61 front fenders are the same as 62 & 63 except for the trim. I just sold a rust free pair for $75.00 each!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I think the 61 front fenders are the same as 62 & 63 except for the trim. I just sold a rust free pair for $75.00 each!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Repair panels to repair the typically rusted areas on your Studebaker are available from "Classic Enterprises" (712) 537-5422
                        or www.classicEnt.com

Frank van Doorn
                        1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                        1963 Daytona Conv
                        1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Repair panels to repair the typically rusted areas on your Studebaker are available from "Classic Enterprises" (712) 537-5422
                          or www.classicEnt.com

Frank van Doorn
                          1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                          1963 Daytona Conv
                          1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

[:0] WOW! Where was I?[B)]

Got any more for that price?!?

Maybe they aren't as expensive as I thought![:I]

Still, I'm a believer in saving parts when possible; especially when no one's making 'em anymore...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

[:0] WOW! Where was I?[B)]

Got any more for that price?!?

Maybe they aren't as expensive as I thought![:I]

Still, I'm a believer in saving parts when possible; especially when no one's making 'em anymore...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X