Neutral safety switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Neutral safety switch

Does anyone know where the safty switch is locted on a 64 hawk with floor shift? Is it on shifter or on the trans? Starter works but only if you jump it under the hood.

Did studebakers have a nuetral safety switch? I just converted my 62 Lark to a Chevy/Muncie 4 speed and hadn't considered one. 1970"s Britsh cars that I had didn't have any nuetral safety switch.

Comment

Not sure if you mean a PowerShift auto or a 4-speed........but on both of these the neutral safety switch is located on the shifter assembly.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Did you get up under there to see why the shifter isnt traveling easily from Park to Drive? Last year it was easy to move the shifter but now it takes much more effort. Perhaps there is a woodchuck (groundhog) carcass up in there.
        Glad you found the horn button, too bad a previous owner replaced the hi & low horns with twin clown horns though.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Correct Brent those have to go. Wonder if you can still get new ones for it. I dont think I'll get it into the shop to check it out untill the weekend of frist of the week will let you know what I find.

Comment

A new pair of horns from studebaker-intl.com is listed at $92.50. I have a used set from a 1963 Lark that I will sell for $10 if interested.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
            X