Brian & Sandi Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian & Sandi Home

Just a short note to those Forum members we met at the SDC International to let you know that Sandi & I arrived home safely last night about 5:00 pm.
    It was a long 6,000 mile plus trip for us, but the Studebaker ran flawlessly.
    We can now say we have been to an international!
    We went, we saw, we met Forum members, I got the Forum Shirt, and scratched off a number of things that were on my bucket list along the way.
    The experience was well worth the long drive.
    Disappointed in the actual International Event it's self, but that is another entierly different rant??
    Good Roads
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Glad you had a good trip home. I had hoped to shake hands with you but missed that opportunity. I saw your ride several times but never did find you. Oh well, maybe next time.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Brian....glad you arrived home safe and sound. Any meet for us, whether local, zone or international, is just an excuse to drive our car. For us it is truly about hitting the hiways and byways, staying off the interstates, and experience a little of the feel of yester- year.

It's about the towns...diners...people and the scenery. These things apply at the IM's as well. It's nice to see 700-800 Studebakers in one place but you can only digest so much in a week.

I hope your disappointment with the IM doesn't tarnish your enthusiasm for another well planned tour.....Colorado Springs perhaps? On the map, it's all down hill for you.

Bill
      Bill Foy
      1000 Islands, Ontario
      1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

It was nice to meet you, as brief as it was. Too many folks to meet in too short a period of time. I'm glad you made it home safely.
        Jamie McLeod
        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
        1958 Commander "Christine"
        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
        1955 Commander Sedan
        1964 Champ
        1960 Lark

Comment

Brian, Glad to hear you arrived home safe and trouble free. I congratulate you! Was great to meet you and Sandi. We'll look forward to the next time, whenever that is.

Pat
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

We already have plans to go to Colorado Springs next year.
            Hopefully it will be in Sandi\s 61 Hawk this time.
            And oh yah.....with "Miss Piggy" in tow.
            Good Roads
            Brian & Sandi
            PS
            Yes Bill, it always looks down hill on the map??????
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Brian, it was good to meet you and to get a good look at your truck. Hope we meet you gain some time. Your 6000 mile journey makes our 1800 mile Studebaker caravan seem not so far. Glad you got back safe and sound and without problems.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
              X