62-63 lark convert picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62-63 lark convert picture

Does anyone have a nic picture of a clean stock or restored 62 or 63 lark convert that they could send me . THanks Steve

63 daytona

Here is a 63 daytona that is now getting a frame off restoration
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's Frank's '63.

Craig
      Last edited by 8E45E; 08-12-2012, 04:00 PM.

Comment

That is a stunning Regal Red '63 convertible Craig showed, but if you are interested in authenticity, know that Studebaker mounted the front bumper guards one further bolt out on each side than is shown on this car. That said, it's probably the most gorgeous '63 convert I've ever seen.
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Yeah Bill, I caught that too, but the red beauty had me mesmerized.

(owner of a 63 Wagonaire with an original bumper)

Comment

That is our car Bill and you are correct! Thanks for having such a sharp eye. I have never noticed that and I restored it, neither have any judges at various SDC meets. Car scored a best of 397 points at Red Wing. I will get this corrected post haste! Several 1st places and two best of division, one in Rapid City and again in Red Wing. I just cannot have a car in my flock that has authenticity issues. GGG

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
            That is a stunning Regal Red '63 convertible Craig showed, but if you are interested in authenticity, know that Studebaker mounted the front bumper guards one further bolt out on each side than is shown on this car. That said, it's probably the most gorgeous '63 convert I've ever seen.
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

1962 Lark Daytona convertible:

1963 Lark Daytona convertible with optional Halibrand wheels:

At first glance the 1962 and 1963 Larks appear the same, but look close and you will see that the '62 has a wrap-around windshield like the Stude sedans dating back to mid-1955. Also, the dash panel changed significantly from 1962 to 1963 as far as interior changes are concerned.
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I have them in the same place on the R2 Clone. seems like in the next hole would block the turn signal to much.
                James Maxey III
                sigpic

Comment

Indy 500 photo with guards in the factory location - dealers probably put them where ever they wanted, and if asked by the customer, probably on the wrong side as well...

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                    Indy 500 photo with guards in the factory location - dealers probably put them where ever they wanted, and if asked by the customer, probably on the wrong side as well...

Even that gorgeous white R-powered example, doesn't have winguards. I've never seen a '63 Daytona without them, and in 23 years of owning one I was always looking (LOL).
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
                      That is our car Bill and you are correct! Thanks for having such a sharp eye. I have never noticed that and I restored it, neither have any judges at various SDC meets. Car scored a best of 397 points at Red Wing. I will get this corrected post haste! Several 1st places and two best of division, one in Rapid City and again in Red Wing. I just cannot have a car in my flock that has authenticity issues. GGG
                      Not so fast, Frank! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=kreme

Craig

Comment

My memory is getting a little foggy, since I installed those guards in the late 90's. I do remember having a set of those guard installation instructions I used and they are still in the glove box of the car, just in case the question comes up while being judged. Thanks Craig for drawing my attention to this info again.

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                        X