Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1959 Studebaker 3/4 ton 4 x 4 Climbs Capitol Building Steps With No One In It! Neil Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Studebaker 3/4 ton 4 x 4 Climbs Capitol Building Steps With No One In It! Neil Watson

Hi Gang!
    I just bought a 1959 White Deluxe 3/4 ton 4 x 4 Studebaker original owner Neil Watkins This truck was used by Studebaker as a display truck @ auto shows all over US. They did a utility truck show for clients like Bell Telephone & DWP Companies They took truck up capitol building steps & no one in it! Neil Watson who was a die engineer for Studebaker was trucks caretaker at shows & walked beside truck as it went up steps & after shows were done Neil bought truck for himself. Question? Does anyone ever remember hearing about this stunt or pics or any of neils family members around? Thank You in advance! Bill Fowler mtnmanbf@aol.com
    Attached Files

Be sure and go to the studebaker truck forum and post info. Frank DRumheller keeps the 4x4 registry .

Take care

George o

Comment

I can remember walking by a Chevrolet pickup (with no one in the cab) in the 1950s while picking up trash in a parking lot where I was working. I just reached inside to steer when needed. I see no reason why the same couldn't be done with a Studebaker.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Capitol Steps

Hi!
        Yes Frank is checking for me just checking on this site to see if anyone remembers! Tks Bill

Comment

I've always liked Transtar 4X4s. Always wanted to get one and take the bed off, and replace it with a fire type bed and make it into a grass/brush fire rig. Clay Fire (fire terrority next to SB) has a Transtar 4X4 grass rig and it's one heck of a neat truck.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
          X