Cleaning up a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning up a bit

I'm packing up or clearing out most of my Studebaker literature - parts 'n stuff will go later. While digging thru some lit I'd been given some years ago, I came across two envelopes from Avanti Motor Corp. Both are from Nate Altman to a prospective Avanti II customer in late '66 - one has a promotional pamphlet for a '66. One even has paint chips and upholstery samples as well as a tentative contract to take a '64 Avanti in trade against a new 67 Avanti II. Both letters are to one Robert Yahne of Lompoc, CA - and both signed by Mr. Altman.

If anyone would like to have these, a buck would see them mailed to you. PM me if you want.

I've also got a wad of Dick Datson books that feature his ideas on Studebaker performance enhancements and general mechanical upgrades. There's also some "Hawk News" newsleters from the Hawk Owners Club. I THINK I could stuff all of this lot in a large Priority Mail Flat Rate box for $15 bucks if you're interested. If no one wants it, it may well go to the recycle bin.

I'm also packing up a largely complete library of Turning Wheels. They could be had also for shipping, but all of them since '73 is quite a heavy load. Greyhound maybe???
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Bob, I'll take the Dick Datson books if they're not spoken for. I've always heard about him and would love to read his stuff. PM sent.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

OK Clark. Anybody want these Avanti Motors letters??? Signed by Nate Altman himself. Also have 8 editions of the AOAI Avanti magazine from the early nineties AND some DD Avanti newsletters for 10 bucks postage. Lotsa cool Avanti reading!
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Alrighty then! The Avanti letters have a home as well. I'll let the letter taker have first refrusal on the AOAI and Avanti newsletters first - then they'll be available by themselves.

Comment

Bob, not that it's any of my business, but I have to say that I don't like the idea of seeing your part with Stude stuff.
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Dave, my attitude is that it's better now than like what happened with Kirby's stuff. I ain't foretelling of my own passing cause I don't see it coming anytime soon, but reality is reality and I've quit trying to be answer central for Studebaker stuff. There's FAR more qualified folks to do that here anyway, and some are quick with the search functions to find the answers from the past. I'll still be here - even tho I don't look at the other forums anymore. I'm just tryin' to make myself DO more instead of writing more about what I ought to! Just today I put the finishing touches on my chicken coop project. Like most of what I hack together, it's built to survive WWIII. It rides on a Stude 1/2 front axle that's "retractable". Got eight new tennants as of today. I'm thinkin' fresh eggs in time for my next birthday. Eggs laid over a solid I-beam axle. They just gotta taste great!

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
              Dave, my attitude is that it's better now than like what happened with Kirby's stuff. I ain't foretelling of my own passing cause I don't see it coming anytime soon, but reality is reality and I've quit trying to be answer central for Studebaker stuff.... <snip>
              Didn't say I didn't understand, my friend... just said I didn't LIKE the IDEA! <G>
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

I understand that sentiment. I've sorta concluded, a guy's gotta set a course calculated with his best judgement and stick to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                  I understand that sentiment. I've sorta concluded, a guy's gotta set a course calculated with his best judgement and stick to it.
                  No matter how hard you might try, you will never get me to argue with that logic.

God's speed to ya!
                  sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                  X