15" 58 Hubcaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: 15" 58 Hubcaps

Has anybody seen any of these kicking around? i'm missing one of these, 15" full cap, for my 58 Champion (or at least it was what was with the car, when I got it etc)
    Cheers
    RJ
    Attached Files

RJ: I don't believe that is a Studebaker wheel cover.

It is a generic cover that may or may not have been available in The United States from an aftermarket vendor like J.C.Whitney, etc.

I'm not sure what type of vendors like that may be in Canada, or if that wheel cover may have only been marketed in Canada in the first place.

'Just don't look for it in any Studebaker parts and accessory books! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I thought 1958 Champions had 14" hubcaps. But I may be wrong. The hubcap in your picture does not look like it came off a Studebaker. Maybe reproduced hubcaps are available.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hugo90/...n/photostream/

http://www.hubcaps.org/studebaker.html
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss-Goldenhawk View Post
        I thought 1958 Champions had 14" hubcaps. But I may be wrong.
        At least in The United States, Rudolf, only V8 cars had 14" wheels in 1958.

Sixes, like Champions, Scotsmans, and Silver Hawk SIXES, had 15" wheels standard. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          At least in The United States, Rudolf, only V8 cars had 14" wheels in 1958.

Sixes, like Champions, Scotsmans, and Silver Hawk SIXES, had 15" wheels standard. BP
          14 inch wheels were a factory option on 1958 Silver Hawk 6 models and Champions, but not Scotsman.
          Last edited by studegary; 08-12-2012, 12:41 PM.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I know 15" was an option for my 58 President. That is not the hub cap that I have. They do come up on ebay from time to time. I remember going to the National meet in, oh where was it York Pa I think, a few years ago. The judges didn't think my 15" caps were correct. They are.
            Jim Rostron

Comment

Can't help you here, but somewhere along the line, I have accumulated about 2 full sets of the 14" full wheel covers, if anybody here needs some.
              Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

15" wheels

Hey Guys, thanks for replies, they are the same crest as the ones supplied in the Ebay link, or very close and looked very much like the crest on the trunk/lock cover etc....

been with the car since 1960, after market? could be??

I'd even settle for a matched set of 4 of any kind of 15" caps for 58 Studebaker, as it looks a little goofy with one missing,lol! also a note, the crest had traces of black and white paint as well..

Cheers
                RJ

Comment

The ones you have are either aftermarket or MoPar.

If you are feeling "thrifty" as many Studebaker owners feel, you could always buy two of the correct wheel covers and put them on one side of the car, and two of the ones you already have on the other side. Probably no one would notice.
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                  X