56 coming---58 Starlight going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 coming---58 Starlight going

Here's a little candy/cabbage, for ya. A 58 President starlight, with a 56 front end.

Last edited by Flashback; 08-10-2012, 08:46 AM.

There's something you don't see everyday!!!!
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

just needs to be finished
      with a 56 rear to match. I've always wanted a 56 Starlight.
      sigpic
      JohnP, driving & reviving
      60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

JUST the way I'd want one. Cool to see that someone did it.
        I've got a website that I severly neglect, that was an effort to registry these (and 52) hardtops. I don't suppose you got any serial or body tag info of it? Is it for sale??

Comment

"56 coming---58 Starlight going."

Isn't it funny how different people read things differently.

I expected to find a Pic of a '58 Starlight you were selling and a '56 ? that you were buying!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Gotcha, Studerich. LOL Michidan, I have no more info at this time, except a few more pictures. A friend of mind made an offer "for me" and then brought me the pictures and told me. I am waiting on a response.

Comment

At the IM I had to find a roof for a '58 HT for a friend.Of course Tom K of the white bus fame had one at his place already cut off but it made me start noticing them.
              Several of us discussed the '58's and concluded they would look much better with a '56 front.
              Sure enough there is what it would look like and in my eye it looks great.
              The wife thinks it looks good too.Our next Studebaker will be a car of that size as she cannot get into a C/K/Hawk easily due to health issues.
              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

At the Tri-State meet in 2000 there was a 58HT with a 57 front end on it. Wonder what happen to it.

Comment

I kinda like it. Looks cleaner than the '58 double headlights.
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Reminds me of the '52 Starlight I saw with a '51 front end on it. Nice.

Comment

This car could be a really nice ride.....too bad it's been left outside to rust....top AND bottom.

Comment

I always liked the 58 Packard HT. If I owned one, I would remove the quad headlights and use 57 front fender trim for the headlights.
                        Bez Auto Alchemy
                        573-318-8948
                        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          "56 coming---58 Starlight going."

Isn't it funny how different people read things differently.

I expected to find a Pic of a '58 Starlight you were selling and a '56 ? that you were buying!
                          Rich, sometimes you and I think so much alike it frightens me.

Comment

I would use the front and rear from a '57 Packard Clipper along with the interior from a '58 Packard Starlight. My car would be a metallic gray or blue and I would fit a beige hypalon vinyl top a la the '56 Caribbean to my car as well as Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels. Naturally my car would have every factory option including the rear ducted a/c system.

Mr. Bill
                            Hamlet, NC

Comment

"I would use the front and rear from a '57 Packard Clipper along with the interior from a '58 Packard Starlight. My car would be a metallic gray or blue and I would fit a beige hypalon vinyl top a la the '56 Caribbean to my car as well as Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels. Naturally my car would have every factory option including the rear ducted a/c system."

Hey Mr Bill

You just described what I'd build with this car too! The only addition I'd make is to fit it with Packard 320 ci or 352 ci V8 and Ultramatic transmission......if there is enough space to accommodate.

Steve
                              Last edited by 56H-Y6; 08-12-2012, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X