No announcement yet.

A Trucker Talks To A Stude Guy (W. VA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Trucker Talks To A Stude Guy (W. VA)

(snippet copy - See link for complete story)

August 6, 2012
    Driving tractor-trailer was likely my purgatory for the sins of my past

AnonymousBluefield Daily TelegraphThe Bluefield Daily Telegraph
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Thanks for posting that. My dad drove for more than thirty years and never had an accident charged against him. I drove before starting college, and again a couple of years partnered with my brother as owner/operators before retiring. It is a noble profession. Without trucks...none of us could live the way we do.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Good story, Jeff; I can understand.

I knew a short-haul (I guess it was) trucker who passed away maybe 15 years ago; one Richard Bartley. Richard drove old U.S. 52 round trip from Indianapolis to Chicago almost daily in the days before the interstate highway system. Some of it was quite narrow and he reported one particular competitor who would occasionally try to knock his mirrors off when approaching from the other direction!

I really enjoyed listening to his stories, especially about stupid car drivers who passed trucks in poor weather conditions. His favorite was doing all he could to control his rig when an early Ford Falcon passed him during a snow storm and spun out right in front of him.

Those guys had some mettle. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
      X