Grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grille

Does anybody know the correct grille for a 1960 lark vi,are the squares in the grille vertical, or horizontal ? Any identifing marks on grille.,also correct part number for push button radio, same year.. thanks gary...........

I believe the squares are horiz. I know there was 1 year that had vert. but not 60. It also had a flying bird emblem.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Gary, the 1960 Lark Grille Mesh is available at the Studebaker Vendors at http://studebakervendors.com
      It is 1336221W at approx. $85.00 NOS it has horizontal bars that slant upward at about 20 degrees, it does get the upward flying Lark "Bird" emblem with Maroon background added to the lower center.

The more square sections type grille is for 1959's and has been NLA at the original Studebaker Automotive Sales Corp. since about 1970 or even earlier than that!

The surround Moulding 1331654W for '59-'60 Regal Model Larks or as an upgrade to Deluxe Models, is NLA at S.I. but should be available at others and at SDC Swapmeets, Zone Meets, York Swap Meet etc.

I hope this helps you sort out the wanna-bees from the real deal.
      Rich. at Studebakers Northwest (dot com)
      Last edited by StudeRich; 08-08-2012, 05:35 PM. Reason: Opps, forgot the "W" in the Part Number for "Chrome"!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

AC-2978 is the correct push button radio for a 60 lark. The buttons are white and usually rotted away from the sun.

AC-3085 ans AC-3087 are essentially the same radio for 61. This radio is basically the same as the 60, but has black push buttons and the black ones seem to survive the elements and ravages of time better than the white ones from 1960.

The 58-59 radios with white buttons will also fit, but have the same button-rotting problem.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Thanks,How much to convert radio when found......Gary............

Comment

Will look like this:

I have the radio out of the car if you are interested. Photo of it when it was in the dash:

Sorry - just reread your post - this one is not push button.

Comment

Originally posted by 60lark6 View Post
              Thanks,How much to convert radio when found......Gary............
              Over the months that I've been active on this forum, I have had three people so far send me PM's on radio conversion costs. In all three instances, when I have answered their questions, the line has gone dead. No response. No "no thank you" or any acknowledgement of my communication, or follow up. Nothing.

I can only assume that a) the price is above CASO thresholds, and b) modern "netiquette" means that it is OK to just stop communication with no notice when you are finished. To me, it seems as rude as hanging up on somebody, but apparently it's OK by modern social standards.

Or maybe I'm too dumb to figure out how to reply and my answers actually went out into some corner of cyberspace instead of back to the original PM'r.

To answer your question directly, shoot me a PM.
              Last edited by RadioRoy; 08-09-2012, 09:53 PM.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
              X