Authenticity - Under the hood 60 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authenticity - Under the hood 60 Hawk

At the International Meet last week I had my 1960 Hawk judged. Someone who owned the vehicle before me went wild with the paint gun. Everything is white (the exterior color). The hood latch was painted white. I got marked down a few points. Anyone know what color the original hood latch on a 1960 Hawk should be? Also the original color of the wiper motor. They are both painted white right now and I know that is not the original color. Any help. Thanks.

Mike Burke

I can't say about the hood latch, but pretty sure the wiper motor should be natural, with the American Bosch sticker in the middle.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

My '62 has a black hood latch, having survived the green re-spray. The wiper motor didn't fair so well. It was in pieces in the trunk when I got mine. . . a nice bright green! I just bought a used motor at the meet which is bare metal.

Paul
      I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
      1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
        At the International Meet last week I had my 1960 Hawk judged. Someone who owned the vehicle before me went wild with the paint gun. Everything is white (the exterior color). The hood latch was painted white. I got marked down a few points. Anyone know what color the original hood latch on a 1960 Hawk should be? Also the original color of the wiper motor. They are both painted white right now and I know that is not the original color. Any help. Thanks.

Mike Burke
        The one on my original unmolested 60 Hawk is cadium plated but without the rainbow effect you see on some of the newer plated ones.

Wiper motor is also cadium plated with the sticker facing towards the front of the car.

Bo
        Bo

Comment

Working...
        X