Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm

Hope you all are getting ready to duck.... Bad storm headed your way! Be safe!

Thankfully the fairgrounds is completely empty now. For those in the northern Indiana area though, be careful as a tornado warning is in effect as of writing this.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
      Thankfully the fairgrounds is completely empty now.

And now is the time to break out your metal detector and see what these guys lost while stumbling around the fair grounds . $ $ $ $ $ !

Comment

Just blew over us in South Bend. Fortunately we were in a nice secure restaurant eating gumbo, blackened shrimp and drinking a beer. Looks like cooler weather tomorrow for the start of my trek back west.
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

You guys get all the fun weather, we never get any real tornados or anything. Cars don't even rust here.

Comment

It hit us in Iowa City, Iowa while fueling up,70mph winds with all sorts of stuff flying around. All traffic on I-80 had to stop because it was raining so hard you couldn't see. Other than wet floors in the 41 no damage. Same thing happened to us on the way to SB last week and in the same area.Still no sign of rain here in Omaha the last month.
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
              Still no sign of rain here in Omaha the last month.
              Aw, man, you missed hte downpour, Frank. We had upwards of an eighth of an inch of rain overnight a few days ago. Wasn't enough that the concrete was wet when I came out in the morning, but it was enough to mess with my recent wax job on the Lark.
              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

WOW 1/8th of an inch, what a deal! Everything in my yard is dead after being gone a week though, grass included.
                Originally posted by JimC View Post
                Aw, man, you missed hte downpour, Frank. We had upwards of an eighth of an inch of rain overnight a few days ago. Wasn't enough that the concrete was wet when I came out in the morning, but it was enough to mess with my recent wax job on the Lark.
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Good good stuff~~ NOT!!!

Dad just called from Chicago/Midway to let me know of his delay...

The plane that was to take him to Denver was hit by lightning while inbound to KMDW, and as such his flight is no longer going out tonight. The best they can do is get him out on Monday morning!!!

StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I had an early start this morning, one of the last Studebakers to leave the host hotel. Pulled out about 5:40 and was greeted with this:

Included lotsa thunder and lightning. I probably could have waited 1/2 hour and it would have passed, but I wanted to get the full experience of a trip to South Bend. Drove out of it in about 20 miles. Rain-X did the job. Car did not melt, but it did leak a little...

Made it smoothly back to see Albert the bull in Audubon Iowa.
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Pat, I got to see your car on the field. It is absolutely stunning. I hope you have a safe trip home.
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Had the pleasure of being in this storm heading home yesterday just west of Chicago. The front that was moving in was very dark and full of lighting and once it was on me I was entering a single lane of I80 that was under construction, with the heavy crosswinds and downpouring of rain it made it interesting. But at the same time was glad I wasnt one of the many that were riding their bikes to Sturgis. It also reminded of my travels home from Springfield, Missouri last year under the same circumstances.
                        Tom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                          Pat, I got to see your car on the field. It is absolutely stunning. I hope you have a safe trip home.
                          Pat I too was glad to see and talk to you about your car.
                          Tom
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X