Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Hawk Worth??

Hello,

I know there have been other threads like this in the past, I am just trying to gauge what a Hawk I found is worth.
    It is a 1962 Hawk GT:
    4-Barrel
    4-Speed
    A/C
    No Clock or Tach
    White Exterior
    Tan/Green? Interior

The Car hasn't run in at least 14 years, the owner doesn't even know if the engine is seized or not. It has been sitting in a field for the last 4 years and was sitting in a carport for 10 years prior. It will need new floor boards and trunk floor. The interior is trashed, seats ripped and carpet is gone. The body has some visible rust. I have no idea about anything else on the car, I can only imagine what the under side looks like.

I kind like the car but would like to have a ball park price in mind before trying to buy it.

Thanks

And no the Avanti sitting next to it isn't for sale yet...

Look at the FRAMES under those cars!! Are these cars from just outside Kittery? If they are send me a PM and I will give you some insight. Steve
    sigpic

Comment

this Hawk looks about like mine. I paid $800. BUT I will have so much more in this car than it is worth. 62 Hawks are not hard to find, pick a better one and it will be money well spent. I am going forward with mine only because I know everyone who has ever owned it. My best friend owned it in high school, ect. good luck Click image for larger version

Name:	1962 hawk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1675004

Comment

Only thing really special for me is the 4 speed. Would love to have all that to upgrade mine. The rear valance for twin exhaust would be nice, the tranny and bell housing, the 4 bbl and manifold, the carb linkage, the clutch assembly, the console... those parts would likely cost me a grand to pick up one at a time. Then I might qualify for the Pure Stock Muscle Car drags ))), 'cept no 4 speeds in 55, damn.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Thanks for the replys. The rust that I see on it doesn't scare me to much. I am really just looking for what to try and offer without lowballing too much.

Comment

Working...
          X