Maine Packard Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine Packard Hawk

While driving through Gorham, Maine (where?) today, I came across a somewhat rusty but nearly complete '58 Packard Hawk sitting beside an antique shop. Only parts not on the car were the two
    front wheel opening mouldings (in trunk) the supercharger(in trunk) and the 'Packard' script on the
    deck lid. Solid white in color (with the gold mylar) this one has power windows. The owner told Me
    He bought it from the son of original owner (who lived in New Hampshire) about a year ago. I asked if it was for sale, and He responded that it wasn't right now, but possibly will be 'down the road'. A friend of Mine lives near this place and He'll keep track of it.

More than likely "down the road" means when the car is too far gone to be of any worth. While I hope that isn't the case, it seems to happen far too often.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I`m just gonna close my eyes and pretend theres a pic on that post . mmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

To: aarrggh,-----I took about half a dozen digital photos of this car......So I have to ask because I really have no idea.........How do I post photos?

Comment

Ok : I`m not that good at explaining these kinda things , so hopefully someone here will step up to the plate and help you out ...

Comment

SN-60, first you have to connect your digital camera to the Computer via either a USB-cable or SD-card. Afterwards you can save the photos to your hard disk. Then here in the Forum you click on Reply to Thread, Go Advanced, and then under Attachments, Manage Attachments, there you click on Add Files, Select Files, upload the photos and you can then click on insert Attachment.

Another way is described on Top of the General Studebaker-Specific Discussion HOW TO.

I hope this helped.
            sigpic

Comment

To: Swiss- Goldenhawk,----Thank you. Watch for those photos I took of the '58 Packard Hawk later on.

Comment

Maine Packard Hawk

here are a few photos of Packard Hawk I just found in Maine
                Attached Files

Comment

As Billy Crystal playing Miracle Max in The Princess Bride, "I've seen woise. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive."

jack vines
                  PackardV8

Comment

I got my eye on that Coke machine .

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                      While driving through Gorham, Maine (where?) today,
                      Whaddaya mean "where?"??
                      Last edited by crusinsusin; 08-03-2012, 02:51 AM.
                      Sue

Comment

Too bad its just sitting out there to rust. You didn't happen to get which serial number it is? Btw that Coke machine is neat looking.
                        Last edited by bonehead007; 08-03-2012, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Hopefully this will not be another victim of SOMEDAY
                          Last edited by RareBird; 08-03-2012, 05:10 PM.
                          sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                          J.D.

Comment

To: RareBird,------------I agree,..........I know all about the SOMEDAY crowd.

Comment

To: crusinsusin,--------------Sorry about the 'Gorham' crack..............I should have mentioned it's right next to 'Standish'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X