1947 Champion Convertible rear fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 1947 Champion Convertible rear fenders

I am restoring a pretty rough one and am looking for a set of good rear fenders. I have access to a set of 4 door fenders and am wondering if they could be used to replace the back section of the current fenders or would they be a total mismatch. Has anyone had any luck doing anthing like this? Better yet, does any one have a good set of 47 to 49 rear fenders for a convertible? I think any 2 door will be the same?

Neil

I would think you could use the four door fenders to section the rear. These were NOS for sale at Reedsville. I don't recall who had them. Maybe someone else can. Of course, that was nine months ago; they could/should be gone.

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I am coming to South Bent tomorrow. Hopefully I see some like that. Looks like according to the picture all 2 doors are the same.
      Thanks for the info.

Regards

Neil

Comment

You can use 47-49 rear fenders from any model with 2 doors - convertible, two door sedan, business coupe, 5 passenger (starlight) coupe. You can also use the rears of the four door fenders as you previously suggested.

Champion and Commander fenders will work the same.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Thank you Roy. I really appreciate the feedback on this and other questions I have asked. Will I be seeing you in South Bend tomorrow?

Regards

Neil

Comment

How rough are your rear quarters? Most rot out ahead of rear wheel, but that gets covered up by either the rubber or stainless steel splash guards
            I bought a pair of NOS rear qtrs from Packard Farms........... that is a while back and I paid $600. If all your damage will be hidden by the gravel shields, save your money for a good pair of shields. However, if your shields are good then get new rear quarters.

BG

Comment

Originally posted by avantibngrant View Post
              Thank you Roy. I really appreciate the feedback on this and other questions I have asked. Will I be seeing you in South Bend tomorrow?

Regards

Neil
              Sadly, no. My flight aborted on takeoff. Halfway down the runway, just before the front wheels came up, the brakes went on and the engines spooled down. The pilot said the computer spotted an engine fault and automatically applied the brakes. He also said that had never happened to him in his 27 years of flying. While I didn't get to go anywhere, my bags had a nice four day vacation before returning home. I had a bad feeling about this flight for weeks ahead of time. Now I'm a bit skittish about flying.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Hello Billy. Mine are pretty rough as is the car. I would not be doing it up if it was not a convertible and I did not have another frame to work with. I am just getting ready to head back from South Bend, and I may have found some better used ones to work with form a guy I met here.
                Regards
                Neil

Comment

Working...
                X